Placing a Long and short order at different price level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placing a Long and short order at different price level

Suppose I have placed a long order and price is rising. Then I would like to short during the retracement without closing my 1st order. Is this possible? If yes, can I do this in two separate DOM windows. Since the open and stop limit will not be the same and it will be difficult to follow if both order are in the same window. Thanks. Tiffany.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

One of the great features of NinjaTrader is its ability to manage multiple virtual positions in the same market. This allows you to manage a long and short position in the same market simultaneously.

Here is how this is accomplished:
    • Open 2 SuperDOMs and set them both to the same market
    • Right click in on of the SuperDOMs and select the menu "Properties"
    • Set the 'ATM Strategy selection mode' parameter to "DisplaySelectedAtmStrategyOnly"
    • Repeat the last two instructions on the second SuperDOM
    • Submit a buy order to open a long position in the first SuperDOM
    • Submit a sell order to open a short position in the second SuperDOM
    In addition to these instructions, I suggest reviewing the content available in our Online Help Guide specific to this topic.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the info. When I enter a second order using the option "Display selected ATM Strategy only" on the DOM which has already has one short order, the profit taking and stop loss level are the same as the 1st short order. This is as if "SelectedActiveAtmStrategyOnOrderSubmission" is selected. Is it possible to have a different set of Profit Taking and Stop Loss as in the case of "KeepSelectedAtmStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission" ? Thanks. Tiffany.

Comment

If you already have a Short position and would like to scale in however have the additional contract get its own Stop Loss and Profit Target as opposed to being combined please set teh ATM Strategy selection mode to "KeepSelectedAtmStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission" .

I have included a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the different ATM Strategy Selection Modes.

Comment

If I do not use "DisplaySelectedAtmStrategyOnly", is it true that all the profit taking and stop limit level order of both the buy and short will be mixed up on the same window? I want to separate the long order from the short order in different DOM and hope each time if I enter a new trade, a different profit taking and stop limit level will be used. Thanks. Tiffany.

Comment

When trading both Long and Short in the same market you would be required to use the ATM Strategy selection mode "DisplaySelectedAtmStrategyOnly" in order to manage the orders seperately.

If this mode is not used it will scale you out of an existing position as opposed to treating them as seperate trades.

The other option is to use seperate accounts for each position when trading within NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Leafcutter  
            Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes