Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Loading strategies - Is NT caching older code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading strategies - Is NT caching older code?

Hi all,

I've run into some sort of a snag this morning with enabling and disabling strategies from the 'Strategies' tab in NT.

I'm using a single strategy, but enabling and disabling whenever I make a change to the code in the 'Strategy' tab. (clicking the checkbox at the far right to do so). I've had good success doing that in the past.

This morning, I attempt to do so, and an older version of the same named strategy shows up in the 'Output' window (that I generate to view output messages for debugging). The strategy has the same name, but for some reason outputs older output messages I've already modified.

When I shut down NT and start it back up, it lists 5-8 strategies in the 'Strategies' tab, all with the same name. I naturally remove them all and load a new strategy with the same name, but the same result above occurs. (screenshot included)

However, if I try and rename the strategy to something else, it doesn't show up on the list of strategies I can choose from. I have about 20+ older strategies listed, but not the new one.

Is this a database issue? If it is, how do I correct/reset it?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Yours,
    Spider
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Spiderbird; 08-21-2012, 10:13 AM. Reason: Posted messages before putting tags/images to the post.

Follow-up

Also, it looks like I can't delete any older strategies at all. I just attempted to remove a few of them and get the following screenshot every time.

Help?
    Attached Files

Comment

Spiderbird,

Please go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > Open any indicator > And then hit the "Compile" button. Most likely there is a NinjaScript error that isn't allowing you to compile so you are stuck with older versions of strategies.
      Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi AdamP,

Did as you instructed and got a related Ninjascript error, but in a strategy that I wasn't working on. Attached is the screenshot. Does this mean that all Ninjascript strategies have to be compiled correctly before any other strategy can be enabled?

- Spider
        Attached Files

Comment

Spirderbird,

All strategies and indicators are compiled at the same time. You would just need to remove or correct the errors in that one script : SweetyVer7
          Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi AdamP,

That did the trick and all is working great. Thanks for pointing out that rather obvious error. Too far in the weeds to notice.

- Spider

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
            15 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
            1 response
            0 likes