Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup StopLoss

Hello

I would like to know how i can set up limit price in stoploss management in ATM strategy.
    I give you example i have 3 target ATM strategy and 1 stop loss for all. Stoploss is 5 tick for all contracts. StopLimit price is set up very well for 5 ticks but limit price as completely different i woul like to have stop price the same as limit price or with out limit price.

I my case market reached stop price but stoploss was not fired becase limit price was not reached, so my question is if i can set up stoploss only with stoplimit (with out limit price) and sell/buy for market price.

regards

Tomas

Hi Tomas, you could change to stop market orders for your stop losses - just right click on the DOM and change the property 'use stop market for stop loss' to 'true'.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Bertrand, it helped me a lot.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi Tomas, you could change to stop market orders for your stop losses - just right click on the DOM and change the property 'use stop market for stop loss' to 'true'.

Comment

I have another issue :-) The stop orders from Ninja show IB message that this order will be executed only during RTH, may i change this?

When i use bracked trader in Day attribute there is small checkbox and execution outside RTH is checked.

regards

Comment

We have a 'Trigger After Hours' checkbox as well as part of the IB account connection you create in NT, please ensure this is checked. Please note that this will only work if the same option on TWS is checked as well (under Configure > Presets > Timing here)

Comment

Bertrand, they can not pay you enough, Thank you very much

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
            We have a 'Trigger After Hours' checkbox as well as part of the IB account connection you create in NT, please ensure this is checked. Please note that this will only work if the same option on TWS is checked as well (under Configure > Presets > Timing here)

Comment

You are welcome, glad that helped!

Comment

Hello,

I'm not sure if the original post is the same issue I'm having, but I have one particular ATM strategy that uses a tight stop. Occasionally the market will sweep and I get filled on my entry, but the market has swept past the stop so no stop is entered and I have to manually exit. Is the "use stop market for stop loss orders" the only solution for this? My understanding is, at least with Interactive Brokers, such orders do not reside on the exchange and therefore potentially contribute to additional slippage and any technical problems on the local machine side.

Please correct me if I am wrong or if there are additional solutions.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi cshomecs,

Thank you for your post.

The stop market order would be the better option however it too could be rejected if the market price was to move past the order price before that order was accepted by the broker.

Even when using Stop Market orders, those orders can exist on the server provided that the order is in a state of Accepted or Working.
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the quick reply. Appreciate it.

Regarding the order status, if the state is Accepted (as opposed to Working) isn't it sitting on IB's servers and not on the exchange servers? I've noticed a color difference of the order status even within the IB platform (Blue vs the Green). I was mistaken on the issue regarding local machine technical problems as the orders do reside on a server, though there is still a potential issue of slippage if the order is on IB's vs the exchange. The product I'm referencing is CL - Crude Oil futures on Globes if that makes a difference.

Regarding Limit vs Stop Market, wouldn't the issue be the same then as it relates to what I'm experiencing? ie. the stop is just as likely to be rejected, so I'm not gaining an advantage with the stop market for when the price moves past the stop before the order gets entered. I do use a large offset on my stop limits.

Is this just a limitation of using an ATM with small stops?

Comment

Accepted indicates the order has been received by broker -- where this order actually is located would be determined by the broker. Typically a "working" status indicates we have received confirmation from the exchange, however I would suggest checking IB for clarification on this.

When you're using tight stops, there may be a delay between when the order is triggered and when it reaches the exchange which can result in the rejection.

What's the exact error you receive when you get this rejection?
                      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi cshomecs,

Orders in a state of accepted or working do reside on IB or exchange servers. There would be different colors for each status shown in the Control Center's Orders tab.

Yes, regardless of which order type you use there is a chance of rejection when using tight stops. The advantage of using a stop market order is essentially erased when compared to limit orders with large offsets.
                        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by philmg, Today, 12:55 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
                          Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM