Chart Trader P&L display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bogey20,

This is still the case, however it is being looked into for NinjaTrader 8 in updating the API for the connection.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Lechad

This problem has never gone away in my case. I wonder if it has anything to do with the main currency you have set at your IB account. My main currency is $CDN and futures like NG or CL ... are traded in $USD. Perhaps it takes some time in case of IB to send this data to NT (just a guess).

I no longer worry about this. I have opened IB-Monitor Portfolio window which shows amongst other things the total PnL for the day. I have made this window small enough to show my PnL only and I keep this window on top of others in one corner of my screen. The beauty of this solution is that you always see the current PnL including the current trade that has not been closed yet. This works for me just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by lechad View Post
        Lechad

This problem has never gone away in my case. I wonder if it has anything to do with the main currency you have set at your IB account. My main currency is $CDN and futures like NG or CL ... are traded in $USD. Perhaps it takes some time in case of IB to send this data to NT (just a guess).

I no longer worry about this. I have opened IB-Monitor Portfolio window which shows amongst other things the total PnL for the day. I have made this window small enough to show my PnL only and I keep this window on top of others in one corner of my screen. The beauty of this solution is that you always see the current PnL including the current trade that has not been closed yet. This works for me just fine.
        Good idea with the IB Monitor.

As far as the currency settings in IB, I have it set to USD trading futures and have the same problem. So main currency setting have nothing to do with this.

I'm only surprised that Ninja Trader is not fixing this at all and it's been over 2 years. Why are they ignoring this is beyond me, considering that Interactive Broker is one of the major brokers in the world.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post arvidvanstaey  
        Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post samish18