Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended (not minimal) Hardware Requirements

Hi,
    i need to by new computer to run automated strategies and test them.
    Is there any recommended (not minimal, I read it) hardware requirements for this purpose?
    I guess some fast SSD disk could be a great idea and 8GB RAM should be enough.
    But what about CPU unit and graphic adapter? Due to GPGPU is some hi-performance graphic card requiered?
    And what about hyperthreading? Can NT7 utilize quad core and hyperthreading?
    I don't desire to spend money for some hi-tech computer, if there is no way how to utilize it by NT7.
    Thanks for your advice ...

Yes, SSD and min 8GB RAM would be good. I5 or I7 type CPU's would be good if you do a lot of backtesting / optimizations - for a graphics the dedicated GPU power would be no advantage currently, but considering technological advancements in this area coming you don't want to pick a card leaving you far behind either.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

On a related note, I'm looking to build a new rig. With my current setup, I sometimes get slowdowns during high volume periods, which I'm looking to eliminate.

When looking at specs on components, what would make NT the most happy? More RAM (16GB instead of 8GB)? Better CPU (i7 instead of i5)? Better video card? In other words, what would be the most bang for the buck in helping NT performance?

Thanks!
      Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by neoikon View Post
        On a related note, I'm looking to build a new rig. With my current setup, I sometimes get slowdowns during high volume periods, which I'm looking to eliminate.

When looking at specs on components, what would make NT the most happy? More RAM (16GB instead of 8GB)? Better CPU (i7 instead of i5)? Better video card? In other words, what would be the most bang for the buck in helping NT performance?

Thanks!
        Daniel
        How fast is your internet and equipment (router, modem specifications).

Speedtest.net will give you a starting point to see your ping and speeds.

Comment

It seems number crunching ability is the single most valuable asset with NinjaTrader. Your slowdowns most likely, if you have a fast internet, occur because your charts and indicators need to update with all incoming data before moving to the next data. The faster your CPU can handle that the better.

Dan
          eDanny
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
            It seems number crunching ability is the single most valuable asset with NinjaTrader. Your slowdowns most likely, if you have a fast internet, occur because your charts and indicators need to update with all incoming data before moving to the next data. The faster your CPU can handle that the better.

Dan
            Right, that's my thoughts exactly. Just wondering if the bulk of that work is done by the CPU or the video card (since it's a "chart" after all).

I started ordering components yesterday for my new rig. I have a feeling an i7-3770k and 32GB ram should help. ;]

Thanks!
            Daniel

Comment

Hello Bertrand,
              I need also new computer but guestion is what is more suitable for backtesting. I mean that frequency, more cores or more threads is important. I am thinking about i5 3570K @3,4 (good price) 4 cores, 4 threads or i7 3770K@3,5 (high price) 4 cores, 8 threads or AMD FX 8350@4 (low price) 8 cores, 8 threads.Which one will be best with backtesting/optimalization. Now I have Core2Duo@3,3 and backtesting Benchmark on NT7 64bit takes 7:14 - it´s horrible.
              Thanks
              Radim

Comment

Hi Radim, those are all good and way more powerful alternative to the current setup you have running, value wise normally the AMD chips win the tests - if you're not too concerned with the price but want the maximal power then the current I7 lineup is the way to go.
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                172 responses
                0 likes