Ninjatrader in Virtualbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader in Virtualbox

I´ve made a ninjatrader install in Virtualbox in win xp, but when I try connecting to CQG always gives me the same error "Ninjatrader application has encountered a problem and needs to close..."
    Can help me to solve this problem?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I'd expect that you can resolve this issue by shutting NinjaTrader down and installing the 3.5 SP1 version of the Microsoft .NET framework.

.NET 3.5 SP1 is available here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=22
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Kyle, problem solved. But when load a chart there is no historical data, the chart don´t backfill!

Comment

Hello,

Please right click in the chart - is the 'Reload All Historical Data' option available or grayed out? If the option is available, please select it to reload chart data from the servers.

Comment

Kyle...related question:

I have a brand new i7 PC that I have installed .NET Framework 4 on. No particular reason, just because it was offered as the latest build.

Since you were recommending 3.5 in the response I need to ask is there some conflict with 4 and NT 7xxxx10 64-bit?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

.NET 3.5 SP 1 is required by the CQG API. Most newer PC's will have the 3.5 SP1 release of .NET installed by default, however this component is not installed by default with a Windows XP setup.

Comment

Thank you Kyle for your time. All works

Comment

I am having the same problem. I have a fresh WinXP install in a VirtualBox on my Mac. I am trying to test NinjaTrader 7 and it seems to work except for the Charts. They are blank all the time. I am using the Simulated Data connection. In my case the 'Reload All Historical Data' option is grayed out. What else could be wrong??

Comment

Originally posted by Maxon View Post
                  I am having the same problem. I have a fresh WinXP install in a VirtualBox on my Mac. I am trying to test NinjaTrader 7 and it seems to work except for the Charts. They are blank all the time. I am using the Simulated Data connection. In my case the 'Reload All Historical Data' option is grayed out. What else could be wrong??
                  What Instrument?
                  What Session Template?

The "Reload All Historical Data" menu item is not available with the simulated feed as the data is internally generated and essentially random. There is hardly any point in storing a random sequence that was user-determined in the first place, based on the desired trendiness being tested.

Comment

Makes sense that there's no reload for simulated data

Here's the additional info..

Instrument: ES 09-13
                    Session Template: Default 24/7

Comment

Makes sense that there's no reload for simulated data

Here's the additional info..

Instrument: ES 09-13
                      Session Template: Default 24/7
                      Hm. I seem to have had the same issue here. The only way that I could get it to work, was to open a new chart after connecting to the simulated data feed. None of my open charts would update with the feed, even for the same instrument, but the new chart works for just about every instrument that I tried. You may have to edit the instrument to start the sim feed at a reasonable price for today.

Comment

Mh.. so I started the VirtualBox's saved state today and the ES chart was working. However all the other instruments are still showing blank charts and any newly created chart is blank.

I think you are right and its some odd behaviour relating to the simulated data feed. I will get a demo account somewhere and try again.

Will post an update as soon as get a proper data connection.

Comment

Will post an update as soon as get a proper data connection.
                          After having connection problems to ZenFire i have setup a new Virtual Machine with XP 32bit (was 64 bit before). Now everything works as expected - with ZenFire as well as Simulated Data.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Tim-c
                          by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM