Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Chart?

Hello,

I used to trade on the ThinkorSwim platform and have now switched to Ninja. One of the things I liked about the ThinkorSwim platform was the charting.

The charting that they had was time based. For example I would trade on the 113 tick chart and a new vertical line would appear every 5 minutes. The horizontal lines for price would stay the same and a new vertical line would not appear until 5 minutes was up. This allowed me very easily to see thing such as momentum and volume based on when the vertical line was appearing. The vertical lines would be appearing at 10:00, 10:05, 10:10, etc. If there was a larger than normal space between the vertical lines this would be because more volume was occurring. So thing such a volume, momentum, and speed can be seen with more spaces between the vertical lines.

Does this type of chart exist?

Hello broosa7,

You can modify the vertical grid lines as follows. Please click and hold the left mouse button below the time axis. Move left or right until the vertical lines are plotted as you like. Unfortunately there is no other setting available to configure how vertical lines are plotted.

It is supported to configure horizontal lines as per increments you like. Please right click on the right side of the price axis and select 'Properties'. You configure it using the 'Horizontal grid lines interval type/value' options.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Will I be able to adjust my vertical lines based on 5 minute intervals?

Comment

5 Minute Box Bar...

broosa7...

You could do a 5 minute (300 seconds) Box Bar chart over the chart of your choice...
        this will give you the 5 minute intervals and also show when the next 5 minute interval will appear...is that what you are looking for...??

Example below...

Thanks...
        Attached Files

Comment

It is possible as follows. Please right click in the tick chart and select 'Properties'. Set 'Equidistant bar spacing' to False. Subsequently click and hold the left mouse button below the time axis. Move left or right until the vertical lines are plotted in 5 minutes increments.
          Attached Files
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post techgetgame  
          Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
          0 responses