Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Position and strategies Tab running strategie

Hello NT!

I'm in a big trouble. I run an strategie on 4 charts. I'm trading on MBT demo account using live license, so I can reach the my Positions in MB TRading navigator too. But! In Strategies Tab, where I can see the actually running strategies, and its Position, that doesen't reflect not at all with the NT Position Tab Positions, and with tha MB Trading positions too as can bee seen on the bild2 picture. But, the value of NT Positions Tab equall with the MB Trading Positions as can be seen on picture 1. What are the differences between the Strategies tab Position, and the NT Position tab? The biggest problem is, I'm outplotting the actually Positions of the running strategies, and there are completely different and its effective Positions different from the NT calculated Position, and from the MB trading position too. THe plotted Position by strategie positions are:
    EURUSD: Long 39.000 Unit,
    GBPUSD: Long 30.000 Unit,
    USDCHF_ Short 25.000 Unit,
    USDJPY Flat.
    When I launch the Performance tab of an strategie, using Strategies Tab, right click, than the position of Execution gives me that Position amount that my strategie plot in output window. What can be happen? What should I do?
    It is an little bit complicated, but I hope I was understable.

Thanks Ron.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rontrade; 08-24-2012, 11:46 AM.

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

From what you describe it looks like your account position and the strategy position is not in sync.

Strategy Position vs. Account Position:

1st solution:

You can include the following statement in your code to avoid the strategy to be calculated on historical data.

// Only run on real-time data
    if (Historical)
    return;
    Add the statement to the top of OnBarUpdate()

2nd solution:
    You can set 'On starting a real-time strategy' to 'Wait until flat before executing live'.
    This option can be found at Tools-->Options-->Strategies-->NinjaScript-tab.

3rd solution, would be submitting manual orders to sync the strategy and account positions described in the link

4th solution, would be to enable Sync account position to true.

Comment

Thanks Brett,

That you said I know, and I'm using that. The problem is occured, after the starting of strategie. It runs overnight, and the next day or after couple hours will confused the both position.When I'd like to start the strategie I set every time flat at strategie, and at account too. During the running will effect on the sync of account position and the strategy position too if I set Sync account position = true?
      But other question related to this: so the value of Position tab is in connection to MB Trading Navigator positions. I'd like to refer to this. It would be the shortest way to monitor where is confused, and it would be good to link to it. Yes, I know, it is not supported method by NT, but could you say it, or ask Josh?
      Many thanks. Ron

Comment

Hello,

It is unfortunately not supported to directly access the account from a strategy.

I know that overnight wioth MBT they will take their connection down.

Perhaps the strategy is recalculating on reconnect and coming up with a different position in historical vs what it had live.

Do you find this happens overnight, when exactly does the problem happen?

-Brett

Comment

Thanks Brett,

I have to amend myself, it runs day and night. It is under testing, and the strategie runs as expect, since I run it in MR, and the positon is the same as the strategie plot in output window. I saved the position from OrderBook tab of MB trading navigator , and I'havent found where can be found the extra openings. It is a bad business nowhere can be shown in MBT nav. the actally position so cleary as in NT. I have to find out it.

Thanks...

Comment

Hello,

Sorry I don't understand your last post can you re-word. Thanks.

-Brett

Comment

OK.
              When my strategie is running I can see the orders in the MBT Navigator in orderbook tab, that I can save, as in NT Execution tab to follow the executions.
              But there is another new observation. I attached an picture about the MBT navigator Orderbook Tab that is in question, where can I set the visible information of the trades, and I set it to show Live only, as can be seen on the picture. And The quantity reflect the real strategy position and it this account quantity is in sync with the strategy position, except the EURUSD quantity of 13 000. As can be seen on the att. picture.
              But if I switch on the Position tab, there is the MBT account position with another quantity. I'm totally confused what happends..... And what that means ...
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

You would need to match up the order execution ID's to match each trade up. You have the execution column to small to see the full ID you need to see to do direct comparison.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post mgco4you  
                Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
                1 response