Hanging up (not responding) during fast market moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanging up (not responding) during fast market moves

I have a few indicators that I have paid for that are "hanging" or "not responding" when Euro or CL in particular move quickly (ES is notorious for this very badly as well) in one direction or another. I have a feeling that the indicator(s) is trying to do multiple calculations. I have searched and have seen the area here where it explains things to "speed up" your NINJA. ONE of the suggestions would be to change the CALCULATE ON BAR CLOSE from False to True. But this causes the indicator not to function properly.

Are there any suggestions to help me here?

Thank you in advance,
    bubbadirect

Assuming your PC is reasonably modern....ES, 6E, and CL are all very liquid (ES is by far the most liquid of the three), and I'm guessing the indicators simply can't handle the tick volume. That said, this may be worth a read:

Last edited by Radical; 08-24-2012, 10:28 PM. Reason: took out subjective comment about indicators in question

Comment

Thank you Radical! Yes, I have tried to do these things. But maybe I should try something more technical? The indicators (I believe that are causing the hangups) do NOT show up in the TOOLS, EDITNINJASCRIPT, INDICATOR or STRATEGY area. But they are a .cs and .dll files in the NINJATRADER7-bin-Custom folder.

So I wonder if debugging this would help free up resources or the logging/printing?

Thank you again!
      bubbadirect

Comment

How fast is your PC?

Can you tell us which indicators these are and where you bought them?

Have you tried running a few less of these indicators?

Have you talked to the original author of these indicators?

Originally posted by bubbadirect View Post
        Thank you Radical! Yes, I have tried to do these things. But maybe I should try something more technical? The indicators (I believe that are causing the hangups) do NOT show up in the TOOLS, EDITNINJASCRIPT, INDICATOR or STRATEGY area. But they are a .cs and .dll files in the NINJATRADER7-bin-Custom folder.

So I wonder if debugging this would help free up resources or the logging/printing?

Thank you again!
        bubbadirect

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rehmans
        by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM