Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic strategy

Hello,

I would like to code a simple strategy which would insert a limit order (+ ATR strategy if executed) if a few conditions on classical indicators are met (volume break-out, on-balance volume, price action above/below Ichimoku cloud & Heiken Ashi bar).
    I have absolutely no idea on how to do it as I have never programmed something.

Could you please tell me if that kind of program is doable or if someone could help me, or is it quite complex and should I hire an official NinjaTrader programmer to code it?

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Hello rdaune, if you have never programmed anything and just get started, this would be probably a bit too steep of a challenge to be honest, especially if an ATM strategy should be as well added to the NinjaScript. Entries / Exits on a few basic indicators are doable with out point and click Strategy Wizard tool however - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...egy_wizard.htm

Once an ATM strategy should be added though you would looking at moving to custom programming in our NinjaScript editor and we would also ship NT with an example ATM strategy to demonstrate the features and offer some groundwork (SampleAtmStrategy the script is called).

If you're new to this, it might be a good idea to get this created by a consultant and then study the code offered afterwards to gain more skills in this area and be able to add minor modifications then.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post cre8able  
    Started by manitshah915, Today, 12:59 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes