Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

placing OCO order using control center

Hi,
    I am new to using Ninja for placing orders for longer term trades & therefore not familiar with placing orders on the control center screen.
    I want to use the OCO (one cancels the other) order but don't see anywhere in the help guide on how to do this. I also tried to figure it out using the super dom but the superdom will not let me place the stop order.

If you can help me in either screen with placing this order i would appreciate it.

thanks
    maggie

also if you can please confirm... if i have an order working, will it continue to work even after i close out of ninja or disconnect from my data feed?
    just want to make sure!

maggie

Comment

Maggie,

One of the great features of NinjaTrader is its ability to submit two entry orders, one which will cancel if the other is filled.

You can accomplish a breakout/breakdown approach by:

Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
      For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
      Submit your stop order to buy above the market
      For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
      Submit your stop order to sell below the market
      CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function
      For a market fade approach just substitute limit orders with stop orders. This entry technique is demonstrated in our free ATM Level I training class that we hold several times per week.

Click here complete schedule of our various free training sessions

Click here for more information on submitting orders in the SuperDOM

If you are using Simulation orders, the order will not be active while NinjaTrader is running. You would need to ensure that NinjaTrader is still running and connected in order for that order to fill.

On a live order, the location of the order will depend on it's state and the broker you are using.

Click here for information on where orders reside
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Leafcutter  
      Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
      2 responses