Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tradestation 9.1 Localhost Issue

Hello,

Been using Tradestation 9.0 for some time and the use of the LOCALHOST in the smtp setting has worked perfect to internally email the strategy trades from Tradestation into my Ninjatrader for execution.

Yesterdary I updated to 9.1 and am now getting errors sending emails - says check the email settings. Everything is the same but now it's saying: Error (Login required by server) -- which in the past it never said. It just used Localhost fine.

Can you tell me what needs to change in 9.1 or why this is suddenly an issue?

Thanks.

Mark

Hello,

Thanks for the post.

It seems there is some change in their latest build that they now cannot send an email to the local host after they made some changes in the email area for this update to 9.1.

We have sent an email in to report the issue with no response yet. We are going to also open a thread up on their forums on the issue once I have the open I will direct you to the thread if you could please also report your issue there it may help in getting this resolved.

Until we get some feedback from TS on this issue we are recommending to use the prior update until that time.

-Brett

Comment

Localhost Tradestation

Brett,
      Thanks for the quick reply.

I did talk to TS just now as well - I can tell you their Level 1 support has no clue/idea.

They just want you to put in smtp credentials like gmail which we both know wouldn't work.

After being on hold and some checking they started to say you could put in your SSL ip address and a host like 443 or 465 but ultimately nobody could really answer what IP address to use and exactly how to make the test work. So a dead end even though it seems like it might have something to do with finding the right IP address and Port and using that.

Let me know what you hear if anything as well.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for that update.

The IP address is simply localhost or 127.0.0.1 since the email never leaves your PC and NinjaTrader receives the email and listens for it on the localhost address.

TradeStation offers a full suite of advanced trading technology, online brokerage services, & education. Trade Stocks, ETFs, Options Or Futures online

Here is the email thread please post as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin