Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

optimize+genetic

hi

"Optimization Range decreased, the parameter settings exceed the max number of test combinations, for a complete optimization covering the full range please increase the increment steps on your prameters"

Could you explain that they are variables has to modify? That bound(connected) is it the variables of my systemes or has l genetic optimization;

Thank you for your answer

Hello benoit29,
    You are optimizing your strategy with too many combinations. Unfortunately it is a limitation as of now. You have to reduce the number of min-max range of inputs to optimize your strategy.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry for the necro, but what does this message appear for genetic optimization? Obviously for genetic algo the optimization range has nothing to do with the number of test runs made.

Comment

I plan to submit this as a feature request but before I can fully answer I want to first reproduce this on my end. Do you have an example input optimization that recreates this issue with the GA?
        LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sure you can try 2 integers with a range of 0-65536 increment 1. Or a bunch of floats with a small increment.

I'm curious what the behavior of "Optimization Range decreased" is? What does it do? Remove parameters? Increase the increment?

Comment

Thanks, this message is about the total number of tests. There is currently no way to increase this limit. Reducing the number of tests by working with increment or reducing the total min-max range of inputs is what's needed for the test to go through. I will forward your request to our product development team to see this limit increased. This has been assigned ID #1045. Thank you for the feedback.
            LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes