Chart properties - bar color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart properties - bar color

Today, NT has two bar colors: Up & Down.
    Would you add another color option for Equal (.i.e., doji) ?

Obviously it won't affect candles since there is no body but it helps on OHLC bars.

I'm tempted to go back to candles except for that horrid outline - it has to be thick in order to see the shadows (candle wicks) but then it is so thick, the outline obscures the body color.

You should also consider separating the shadow thickness from the body outline thickness for readability....

Thanks!

Thanks for your suggestions.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Agree

I agree with Lost Trader and reinforce this suggestion !

Comment

YES,

That's something I'm looking for, a ticker wick would be awesome for me....
        I'm using a selfmade indicator that reduces the noise in my charts, but a ticker wich would be nice.
        With the colors in the same color like the body's that would be 100%....

Thanks, jojotrader.
        Attached Files

Comment

A few questions:
          If I make changes to and indicator (color, settings, etc.) and I want it to be my default how can I save it with a new name or make it the default?
          How can I change the fib levels on the Fib retracement tool and make it a default?
          Can I email a template and/or a layout?
          The global cross hair only shows on two charts, is there a limit or I need to teak something?
          version 6.5.

thank you

Comment

Hi Meyer,

Q: If I make changes to and indicator (color, settings, etc.) and I want it to be my default how can I save it with a new name or make it the default?

A: I would just leave your chart open and then save it to a workspace. You can save a chart and all settings to your workspace by leaving the chart open and closing NinjaTrader via the Control Center. I also believe you could create a new indicator with default settings. However, this would require custom NinjaScript programming.

Q: How can I change the fib levels on the Fib retracement tool and make it a default?

A: Double click on a drawn object or selecting it and from the right mouse click menu, selecting the "(Object) Properties" will allow you to edit the drawing properties of an object. However, with the drawing tools you must leave the drawing tool on the chart and then save it to the workspace.

Q: Can I email a template and/or a layout?

A: Yes, you can transfer your workspace files. Workspace files can be found in the file folder MyDocuments/NinjaTrader6.5/workspaces.

Q: The global cross hair only shows on two charts, is there a limit or I need to teak something?

A: You will need to enable global cross hair on all charts that you wish to run it on.

Comment

Bar coloring should be rule based

Rather than be restricted to how NT decides what a UP and DOWN bar is,
              I would like to be able to color my bars based on a set of rules. Even if NT adds doji, what happens if some else requests another color scheme, it will require a software update.

I looked and I cannot find a way to do it. It is unfortunate that NT provides a really powerful platform to do customizations but price bars cannot modified. If price itself was treated like an indicator, then anyone can customize how the coloring is done.

Having said this, Is there any way currently to draw the price bars and color them based on a set of rules?

Thanks

Comment

Not sure I follow.

You can create an indicator and set Bar color and outline color properties based on your own rules.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                  Not sure I follow.

You can create an indicator and set Bar color and outline color properties based on your own rules.
                  Ok. I could not figure how to do that. I was under the impression that the bar color could only be set through the properties of the price pane.

As you say, if I can use an indicator to color the bars based on my rules, please disregard my post.

Comment

Yes you can do that and here is a tutorial on how it can be done...

Comment

Ray, that example is for plotting indicators, NOT price bars which was the original question. It does not appear that creating multiple plots can change PRICE colors; i.e., candles or OHLC, etc.

Comment

What you guys are looking for are these properties: BarColor and CandleOutlineColor.

CandleOutlineColor was introduced in NT6.5, but BarColor is usable in NT6 already.

Code:
                        if (Close[0] == Open[0])
                             CandleOutlineColor = Color.Yellow;
                        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                          What you guys are looking for are these properties: BarColor and CandleOutlineColor.

CandleOutlineColor was introduced in NT6.5, but BarColor is usable in NT6 already.

Code:
                          if (Close[0] == Open[0])
                               CandleOutlineColor = Color.Yellow;

NinjaTrader_Josh how about i want to change the outline color of the prior or last bar?

if(High[0] > High[1])
                          {
                          //change the outline color of the last bar to red
                          }

Comment

You can then use NT7's BarColorSeries for your task - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...olorseries.htm
                            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, can I ask some help on how to hide a plot in the Plot section on an indicator when we setup it on the chart? Or simply I don't want the plot to be changeable in the chart when we use it? I tried the Browsable to false in the properties but it didn't work.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post xiinteractive  
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred