Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

data loading in background

Dear,
    we have a problem and we need help of somebody who knows core of NT7.
    From where this method knows how many bars(days) it reads and how can we influence it? I am asking as even if I feed minute based data from IQfeed into another chart with history back to 1 year (we need like 1-2 months maximum) it seems that our script does not have enough data (1st problem).

Add(PeriodType periodType, int period)

For example we use 30000 Volume LineBreak 2 chart for CL 10-12 and
    when we had days to load 20, it loaded 20 days in chart, when we entered 30/40/100 it did not any in the actual chart (so this is 2nd problem) and shows only actual bar. Now even in the new chart so our indicators does not have any data, not only those from minute based timeframes we need also.

Yes, we have MergeBackAdjusted enabled.

One more question, what will influence setting of Maximum bars look back from 256 to infinite?

Maybe we could arrange a call.
    Thank you
    N.
    Last edited by nicknamed; 09-04-2012, 09:28 AM.

nicknamed,

Unfortunately there is no way to programmatically download some date range of data. You would just need to ensure you have the data from a previous attempt at loading that range in a chart.

As far as your second question, the maximum bars look back defaults to infinite if its a plot. DataSeries objects that hold indicator plot values are always set to MaximumBarsLookBack.Infinite which ensures that charts will always display the entire indicator's calculated values.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Adam, there were three questions, so I am not sure if you read it fully:

1- there is "no way"? so then for what reason is there the value "days to load"? How they interrelate? I mean the main data in chart and those in background, you must know that if you can get to the sources of NT. (if this relates to the first question),
      if it relates to the second question or problem, then I repeat, I had those data in chart, but when I set the days to load to higher than previously, all data disappear and never load back even if I set the small number back.

to the third question which you mention as "As far as your second question"- "if it's a plot" and if it is not? what about the background handling of charts which cannot be checked by us any way?

Thank you for your time.

Comment

nicknamed,

1- there is "no way"? so then for what reason is there the value "days to load"? How they interrelate? I mean the main data in chart and those in background, you must know that if you can get to the sources of NT. (if this relates to the first question),
        if it relates to the second question or problem, then I repeat, I had those data in chart, but when I set the days to load to higher than previously, all data disappear and never load back even if I set the small number back.
        If you do not have the historical data required available the indicator/strategy may not calculate as intended and likely also not fire the signals you expect. What I was saying before is there is no way to programmatically force some strategy to load a set range of dates, it just queries what you have saved on your PC or what it can request from your data provider. I would suggest with multi-instrument or multi-timeframe strategies first downloading this data and saving it to your PC so it is available at all times.

Go to Tools > Options > Data > Check "Save chart data as historical". Then, load up a couple charts with however many days you need to load of the chart style you will be using. This will save the data to your PC and ensure strategies can access it if needed.

As far as the issue you are describing, could you possible outline some replication steps for me? Are you setting the days to load to a higher number than exists on a chart or something else?

to the third question which you mention as "As far as your second question"- "if it's a plot" and if it is not? what about the background handling of charts which cannot be checked by us any way?
        Things like High, Low, Close, etc. are all set to MaximumBarsLookBack.Infinite, as this is needed to plot these values to an arbitrary point in the past. Anything that is plotted to a chart has this setting for proper visualization. If this was set to MaximumBarsLookBack.TwoHundredFiftySix then you would only be able to load a maximum of 256 bars into the past.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes