Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use home computer and VPS

Hello Support,
    I am getting to the stage of starting to trade real money, so I want to use a VPS to minimise the result from the loss of connection from my home computer.
    I will not be using Automated Trading, but to use the VPS to place entry orders of different types and to place target and stop loss values.
    I have a lifetime licence, which I have used to develop indicators, which form the basis for my strategies. However, I will be placing all the orders (entry, target and stop loss) and using the VPS to manage the Target and Stop Loss exits.

Am I correct in assuming that I can have NT open on either my home computer or the VPS, but only one can be connected at any one time.

If this assumption is not correct, will you please tell me the conditions in using a VPS.
    Thank you
    PS. The "Submit Thread" and "Preview Post" buttons at the bottom of this window is ghosted white letters on a blocky red background. It is difficult to find

Hello oldhiker,
    Thank you for your note.

You will be able to use the same NinjaTrader license key on both computers as long as you are only running one installation of NinjaTrader at a time. If you wish to trade live on two separate computers simultaneously, you will have to use two separate Live License Keys, otherwise you could be in violation of the End User License Agreement (EULA) which may potentially lead to subscription or license termination.

With that said, if you were only trading live on one machine and using the other to sim trade or utilize any other of the free NinjaTrader functions you may use the free license key. You can get the free license key by registering from the below link.

Are you using any special settings in your browser? Can you post a screenshot of the buttons as you are witnessing at your end so that I can have a better understanding.

I look forward to assisting you further.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Joydeep,
      You have given me some good news.
      When I am away from my home computer (transporting grand children to/from school, etc) I intend to use a tablet and remote viewing/control program for the VPS.
      Most definitely I will be using only one NT connected for Live trading.
      I am most interested in the use of a separate licence key to use NT for sim trading/development, at the same time as the VPS computer is managing my Live trades.
      Many thanks for your information.

I do not know what you mean with the comment below?
      "Are you using any special settings in your browser? Can you post a screenshot of the buttons as you are witnessing at your end so that I can have a better understanding."

Comment

Hello oldhiker,
        Glad our licensing policy suited your bill.

You referred that you are having difficulty in finding the Submit button in the forum. Is it the same as demonstrates in the attached screenshot or you are witnessing anything else.

I look forward to assisting you further.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Joydeep,
          I was referring to the two red rectangles at the bottom of this page "Submit Reply" and "Preview Post".
          Yesterday they were not completed - the white writing was there, but the red background was very patchy?
          Anyway, this morning they are normal, so whatever the problem, it has now fixed itself.
          Thank you

Comment

new to day trading...Please Help

I want to create a price(5,10min,etc..) cross over moving average strategy. i want to be able to create an entrance and exit on how ever many one minute bar i would like(short or long position) in addition i would like to apply a trailing stop. I would like the strategy to only be one position at a time.

Comment

Hello guers33,
              Yes you can create a strategy based on indicators calculated on a different bar series. The below code for example enters a position based on the secondary series.
              In Initialize
              Code:
              Add(PeriodType.Minute, 30);
              In OnBarUpdate
              Code:
              protected override void OnMarketData(MarketDataEventArgs e)
              {
              	if (this.BarsInProgress == 0)
              	{
              		if (CrossAbove(SMA(Closes[1], 14), SMA(Closes[1], 34), 1))
              			EnterLong();
              		else if (CrossBelow(SMA(Closes[1], 14), SMA(Closes[1], 34), 1))
              			EnterShort();
              	}
              }

To get more concepts on multi-series please refer to our help guide

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post GLFX005
              by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM