IQFeed Symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQFeed Symbols

Trying to connect to IQFeed. Their futures symbols begin with the @symbol. I can't figure out how to convert Ninja to these symbols. Please explain it to me. Thanks

Hello user721,

What instruments are you trying to view?

The symbol mapping for IQFeed should be preset for more futures contracts in NinjaTrader. You should not need to make any changes.

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    Press the "New" button
    *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
    Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
    Press the "OK" button
    The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi; Thanks, I thought it looked like Ninja is supposed to do it automatically but it's not. I'm just trying to view ES and NQ. I had Ninja connected to CQG and am trying to convert to IQ. I've removed the symbols from the Default list and readded them but no data displays

Comment

Hello user721,

The ES and NQ come preconfigured for IQFeed.

Please disconnect from IQFeed, reset the instruments and restart NinjaTrader.

To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Comment

Thanks, sorry, but that didn't work. Ninja says I'm connected to IQFeed but the two DOMs I have up still do not run.

Comment

Hello user721,

Please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with your most recent log and trace files.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference this thread in your e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d.php?p=301270

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes