Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

erroneous trade data

Hello,
    I link my interactive brokers account to ninjatrader and trade through the chart trader. After reviewing my trades in the account performance tab I notice there is a random sell and buy pair listed in my trades that never actually happened. I verified the trade didn't take place with my tradelog on interactive brokers.

Question I have is, is there any way I can remove this 'ghost trade' ninjatrader thinks executed ? I routinely run and print out reports for the day/week/month and I don't want this trade included as it will skew my report data.

Thanks,
    Evan

Hello,

From the Account Performance tab, do you have "Group Trades by ATM Strategy" checked or unchecked? Does this clear up if you toggle this option and regenerate the report?

When was the order reported as executed? What is the name of the execution?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Ah I think I see what's going on. The trade is listed from yesterday execution time: 9/5/12 but it's still showing up on my report for 9/6/12 . I think the reason for this is earlier in the week i had an after hours buy and then the next morning i sold that position premarket. For some reason I think the reports aren't catching that carry over? When I generate my full weeks report the pnl looks correct, but when I run my trade report on todays date it's showing that extra 1 sell and its throwing my pairs off.

I should have had 8 trades today, 4 buys, 4 sells, but the report is displaying 9.

Imagine there won't be much I can do about this specifically, except run the report over the few day span.

Evan

Comment

Evan,

You are exactly correct in your analysis. The report will run from the last time you were flat. Since we are not a broker, we have no way of carrying these trades overnight in our report and the executions must be matched with a buy/sell pair, which results in the additional execution you see when you run the report for today.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes