• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unable to open trace file.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Yassine.Chetouani, and thank you for your question. For faster service, please begin a new thread instead of replying to a thread over a year old, even if you are experiencing something similar. Our tracking system sometimes does not notify us of replies to very old threads.

I would like to see on your system exactly what the path to your NinjaTrader folder is. Can you run this test for me and post a picture of your results?

• Press the Windows key (to the left of the space bar) and the letter r at the same time
    • Type

cmd

in the box that comes up and press enter
    • Type

cd %UserProfile%

in the window that comes up and press enter
    • Next, in the same window, type

echo %CD%

and press enter
    • Next, in the same window, type

dir

and press enter
    • Grow this window vertically so that it can show everything that you typed in

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
    Click here for instructions
    Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Click here for detailed instruction
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

We understand your time is valuable, and that you may not be able to set aside time for this recommended test. You mentioned

Please, I do not want to uninstall the platform from the scratch as some friends tried, due to the indicators I have and the history I downloaded
      This method of uninstalling and reinstalling will preserve your existing indicators and history between installations. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

• Use these instructions to back up your historical data to text files that can be imported in your new installation

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG.../exporting.htm
      • Download a fresh copy of NinjaTrader 8 from ninjatrader.com
      • Close NinjaTrader 8
        • To ensure NinjaTrader is closed completely, please press the windows key (to the left of the space bar) and the letter r at the same time, and type in
          taskkill /f /im NinjaTrader.exe
          and press enter
      • Rename your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\NinjaTrader.sdf file to something unique. I prefer names that include today's date
      • Rename your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder to something else that is unique. I prefer names that include today's date.
      • Use the installer you downloaded to uninstall, and then reinstall, NinjaTrader 8
      • Copy these files and folders from your old, renamed (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder to your new folder. If asked to replace files, always select "yes"
        • Config.xml
        • UI.xml
        • workspaces
        • templates
        • all .dll files in bin\Custom except these :
          • NinjaTrader.Custom.dll
          • NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll
        • all .cs files in bin\Custom except these :
          • NinjaTrader.Custom.cs
          • NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs
          • AssemblyInfo.cs
        • any subfolder of bin\Custom that has a .cs file that does not start with an @ sign
      • Start NinjaTrader 8. You will receive some dialogs about Ninja being unable to start because it needed to recompile some dlls. OK out of these dialogs
      • Start NinjaTrader 8 once more
      • Use these instructions to import your historical data

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG.../importing.htm
      Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by damo666 View Post
        Same thing just happened to me after a power failure while a strategy was running connected to IB simulated account
        Same here. I didn't expect a power failure to affect the system this much.

Comment

Marius Titulescu, if the solutions in this thread do not resolve your issue, please send an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we may assist you directly.

Include a brief description of what you're experiencing and a link to this forum thread.
          Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by TazoTodua, Today, 01:50 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by b16_aln, Today, 08:53 AM
          1 response
          0 likes