Default colors for a bar type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default colors for a bar type

In the data series properties for a chart, I can set defaults for a period type (minute, volume, tick, etc.). However, I do not see a way to change the default color for a bar type. So when I change the bar type from OHLC to something else, and then back to OHLC, the default Red and LightGreen must be changed. And since tabbing to the next field does not work, I have to use the mouse, and thus changing a simple bar type becomes quite a long process if it is done often.

Using a template is not an option because this also changes all indicators on the chart. I just would like to be able to set the default color for a bar type. Is this possible?

Originally posted by JoshDance View Post
    In the data series properties for a chart, I can set defaults for a period type (minute, volume, tick, etc.). However, I do not see a way to change the default color for a bar type. So when I change the bar type from OHLC to something else, and then back to OHLC, the default Red and LightGreen must be changed. And since tabbing to the next field does not work, I have to use the mouse, and thus changing a simple bar type becomes quite a long process if it is done often.

Using a template is not an option because this also changes all indicators on the chart. I just would like to be able to set the default color for a bar type. Is this possible?
    Once you have set the color and other parameters you require - right click any where in the data properties box and it will ask you to "Set as Default" -

Hope this helps.

Ben.

Comment

As I mentioned in my original post, this says "Set Default for 'Minute' Period Type" ... I do not want to set defaults for a period type, but rather a bar type (or in the properties box "Chart style").

Comment

Apologies and No not as far as I am aware.

Comment

No need for apologies, thank you for replying in the first place. Maybe the NT guys have a definitive answer for this?

Comment

Josh,

Unfortunately there is no way to do this currently however I can make the suggestion to add this functionality to our development team on your behalf. Please let me know.
            Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes definitely, please do, thank you Adam.

Comment

Thanks for the nice information.

Best regards

Comment

Hello,

This has suggestion id #23. I.e. it was an early suggestion in this iteration of NT but your vote has been added in.
                  Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Waxavi
                  by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                  0 responses