AMP-CQG demo data delayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMP-CQG demo data delayed

Hi there - I have a demo account with AMP using CQG as the data provider. This morning the data was delayed by 1-2 mins. The delay was no longer noticeable by mid-afternoon.

Is this the quality of data feed that I can expect with CQG or is this delay related to the demo account?

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

CQG data we normally do not get any complaints on, please contact your broker to inquire on this more to see if they had a data problem at that time.

I know that demo servers are different then live servers so could be something unique to that, we have had no complaints this morning from any live or demo users this morning.

If you continue to have issue we may want to take a look at your trace files to see if we can spot something going on.

-Brett

Comment

OK thanks, I've emailed them but I've yet to receive a reply.

Comment

No problems with CQG today, so may have been an anomaly yesterday.

Comment

Glad to hear that - please keep a close eye and let us know if there is anything we can do for you during your demo period.
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

ok so up until today the data had been great - but on the FOMC report today I received no data from 12:32 to 12:45.

Is this common on FOMC reports? Too much traffic?

Thanks in advance.

edit: even now if I refresh the historical data there is no data during this time period - why is that?
            Last edited by Ravez0r; 09-13-2012, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Just happened to be passing through here, and, went to check my (live, not demo) CQG feed, and oddly I am missing the same time segments (EST), across all instruments, from what I can tell! At first I thought it was only TF, because it is glaringly obvious in my chart.

I then checked CL 10-12 and 6C 09-12, DX 09-12 and each are missing that time period, even in the historical data manager.

Oddly, the charts were complete and proper at the time, as I traded and was present in front of my PC before and after the announcements. The data was definitely on my (live) charts, as I specifically remember how it looked on my 3 minute TF chart.

I restart my PC between 5:30-6pm EST every day, and have to assume it somehow disappeared after that, or, it is a CQG historical data issue.

EDIT: I just launched a 2nd PC that was not running with NT7 today, and added a instrument I did not have on there (6C). Started up a 1 minute chart, checked the historical data mgr, and the timeframe 12:33-12:45 EST is missing. Therefore, CQG is not sending the data. I will presume they will resolve, but I want my data back!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Beljevina; 09-13-2012, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beljevina View Post
                EDIT: I just launched a 2nd PC that was not running with NT7 today, and added a instrument I did not have on there (6C). Started up a 1 minute chart, checked the historical data mgr, and the timeframe 12:33-12:45 EST is missing. Therefore, CQG is not sending the data. I will presume they will resolve, but I want my data back!
                Same issue. All instruments. Guess the Historical server could not keep up with the FOMC release.

Comment

Hello,

CQG was running during this period, however our servers lost connection to the CQG data feed between 12:32:11 and 12:44:34PM ET. As a result, no historical data was recorded.

We will be unable to restore the historical data that is missing for this period.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 09-14-2012, 07:13 AM.
                  MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks for clarifying the fault.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                      Hello,

CQG was running during this period, however our servers last connection to the CQG data feed between 12:32:11 and 12:44:34PM ET. As a result, no historical data was recorded.

We will be unable to restore the historical data that is missing for this period.
                      Thanks for the response Matthew.

I don't understand the relationship between NT and CQG: I assume this is wholly and completely a fault of the CQG infrastructure? Should my complaint be directed to them? Am I to assume all CQG customers on all other platforms have this data gap as well? Someone - NT or CQG - should be able to 'grab' (or 'purchase'?) the data from other providers IMO. I double checked ES 09-12 was impacted as well, and it is safe to assume all instruments were impacted - this is not an insignificant amount of data (ie., from a market profile or cumulative delta perspective), given the timing being after a significant news release, as I know there was significant volume transacted at that time, which, ironically, my NT captured as it real-time streamed, for all my tracked instruments.

Comment

Hello,

CQG Historical data for NinjaTrader platform is recorded on NinjaTrader data servers that are collocated to CQG and record from the CQG live data stream. CQG does offer a historical data service, however their data service is part of their CQG specific package which costs several hundred dollars to use each month.

Therefor we record the live data and provide this historical data as a value added service for CQG/NinjaTrader clients. Unfortunately however if the server was to have an issue or would be missing data we do not guarantee the data continuity.

If you need absolute 100% combed and checked data from CQG you can purchase this data from CQG directly and import it into NinjaTrader.

With the above said, we are going to look into the possibility of replacing this data with this weekends maintenance, please check the charts after a manual right click->reload historical data on Monday and if the data is restored we were able to complete a restore of the data.

-Brett

Comment

Data has been restored. Thank you for promptly investigating and resolving this issue.

As a demo user, I am very pleased and encouraged by this level of service.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes