Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts messed up

Hi there;
    I have this problem for the second day in a row now. When starting up NT and connecting first to Kinetick and then to IB I first get following message:

Erorr on loading chart data for '$EURUSD Default': IB : Error in requesting historical data from IB: No security definition has been found the request (200).

Then when my default workspaces loads it looks messy like in the attachment. For instance it seems like it tries to load part of EURUSD in the AUDUSD chart, some data missing from the EURUSD chart and all charts messed up like the AUDUSD chart (see attachment). Any ideas how to fix this so it works again on start up.

It is very time consuming having to reload history for each for the windows. First need to change the numbers of days displayed in the dataseries to only 30 then reload and then go back to my normal 240 days that I have on my chart. Do this for each of the charts is very annoying.

Thanks
    Thomas
    Attached Files

Just noticed this post

from mindset, who seems to have the same problem. I am using the correct version and just did a repair of the DB. Restarted NT and all was fine.

Will keep monitoring and see what happens tomorrow. Anyway I have noticed that before but not as frequent as currently. One odd thing I find when this happens is that NT tries to load a couple of hours or a days worth of data from another symbol into the current chart.

To be more specific I believe in the case of AUDUSD in the attachment before. I finished my session yesterday, starting today NT loaded the missing history from yesterday to today from EURUSD into the AUDUSD chart, before than continuing with the live data from AUDUSD. Hope this makes sense?

Comment

Hello Thomas,

Good to hear the charts load data properly after repairing the database.

Sounds good, please let me know if the issue recurs.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Again

Hi Jason;
        Here we are again, two weeks later and the same problem. I am just in the painful process of first reloading the history, then reparing the database which will then hopefully fix the problem.
        As mentioned before (and illustrated in the attached image first post) it appears that two symbols are mixed in one chart window.

E.g.in AUDUSD it seems to have loaded one of the JPY crosses and then in shows the current price, GBPUSD seems to contain the EURUSD data and then continues with current price.

Not nice to look at.

Regards
        Thomas

Comment

Hello Thomas,

Sorry to hear the issue recurred. Please let me know if repairing the database does not solve it.

As per the mixed data, please proceed as follows. Shut down NinjaTrader and delete the following folder:

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->cache

Start NinjaTrader and check if charts load data for the instrument selected.

Comment

Hi Jason, the system is becoming almost unworkable now. Just started my trading session one hour again and charts are messed up again. Did the usual steps to fix, then exited NT and started it again and I am getting the same problem again.

What else can I do as fixing up the charts is becoming very time consuming.

Thanks
            Thomas

Comment

I suggest to proceed as follows. Shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the following folder:

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db

Transfer the tick, minute, day and cache folders to a temporary different location.

Start NinjaTrader and you will have no historical data at all. Connect to your data feed and check if all charts load data as expected.

Comment

Hi Jason;
                Moving the history is not really an option when you connect to IB. My charts usually load 240 days of historical data and when you get your data from IB trying to load this amount of historical data will result in many error messages.

There must be something else causing this weird behaviour.

Once I fix the charts up with the steps described before and restart NT, the charts loaded correctly (not being connected to any provider yet). Connecting to Kinetick for daily data still is ok, it is just when I then connect to IB to get my intraday feed, that things get strange. Last time it actually "only" messed up one symbol of the 9 that I have displayed in the standard workspace.

Regards

Thomas

Comment

I see. Please proceed as follows. Open the Historical Data manager-->Edit-tab and delete historical data for all dates that show incorrect data in the charts. Instructions to delete historical data can be found at the link below.

Shut down NinjaTrader and delete the db-->cache folder once more.

Start NinjaTrader and check if data is loaded as expected in the charts.

Comment

Thanks Jason, what I usually do is changing the dataseries of each chart to display only 10 days, then reload history (which I believe deletes the history as well). Then change the days back to display 240.

Since this is a reoccuring issue for me and at least one other user has the same problem I believe it needs to investigated more to stop this from happening.

I remember having this issue before probably more than a year ago and it has been good since. It just started again more frequently in the last couple of weeks.

Thomas

Comment

Can you please send me your log & trace files and chart data. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, Charts messed up' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files' & 'Chart data'.

Comment

ok done, since charts are displaying correctly at the moment and I will send it again when I encounter the problem next.

Comment

Not sure if that works the chart data file zipped is 60 MB. Can I ftp the file somewhere?
                          Sending it seems to make NT not responding anymore

Comment

Can you please send me the data using www.sendspace.com. Please put 'Att Jason, Charts messed up' in the subject header.

I have not received log and trace files so far. Could you please attach them in the email as well. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20120926 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20120926 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

Ok files have been sent, pls let me know when you receive them. Due to NT not responding when sending the files I had to kill it and restart again, thought I restart TWS (IB) as well, still had the same load problem. It always starts with the attached message. The symbol can change, most of the time it seems to be EURUSD though.

BTW when clearing the history I via the data manager, I checked the values for the messed up symbols, and sure enough todays data was all wrong. It just seems to load the historical data from one instrument into the history of another instrument.

Thanks for you help thus far
                              Thomas
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post zstheorist  
                              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM