Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting in live account

Hello
    Is there a way to get your worksapce and whenever you open a new static dom to start on your live account?
    lol, i was in a trade today and was already cashing the check and i realized i was in sim. hahaha

Also, does anyone know why you cant chard trade with static DOM
    thanks so much

Please go to Tools--> Options--> Simulator tab--> ensure 'Always start in Simulation' has been unchecked.

Please also check if you have your brokerage connection to connect on startup. The automatic connection can prevent your live broker account from loading first.

To check for this, please go to Tools--> Account Connections--> Highlight your live connection and select "Change".

From the Account Connection options, please locate the "Connect on startup" option and uncheck this box. Then finish the Wizard.

After disabling this option, please set all of your desired order entry windows to your Live account and then restart NinjaTrader. After NinjaTrader restarts, please manually connect to your live broker connection and let me know if you see further issues with this feature.

Regarding Chart Trader, please send a note to sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your license key - you will find this under Help--> License key. They will be able to give you more information on these items.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Dom

I just added a second simulator account in the options tab/simulator account. How do I get this account to show up in the DOM?

Comment

change chart from simulation to live trading

I must apologize for this question because I should know the answer but how do I manually change over a chart from simulator to live trading?

Comment

To be able to select your live or additional simulation accounts please ensure the following.
          • You must have a live license key and it must be entered under Help> License Key. (If you are unsure if your license key is live or these steps do not resolve this, please send me your license key)
          • Next connect to your broker by going to File> Connect and select your broker account.
          • Last ensure Global Simulation Mode is not checked under the Control Center> File.

Now you should be able to select your live account or any additional simulation accounts in any account drop down menu such as Chart Trader, SuperDOM, etc.

Below I have provided a link to the Global Simulation Mode section of our help guide.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Same problem

Hi,
            I'm having the same problem as OP. Tried everything Matthew suggested in his response, but all chart trader and DOM windows open with SIM1 account loaded. As I have about 20 charts and DOMs open, it's a frustrating ordeal to change every single one from sim to live every morning. On closing the workspace, every order window is set to live, but next morning it's sim again all over,

Comment

Hello Loki45,
              In some situations if the account is alphabetically after S (Sim101) the Sim101 account will be the first displayed account name and not your live account. This will be regardless if you follow the steps within this thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
              8 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rehmans
              by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes