Collapse

Historical data import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more question - now that I've imported some historical data (namely, YM 03-11), I would like to display it. I understand that I have to go to Instrument Manager first and add YM 03-11 to my instrument list. In Instrument Manager window, I locate YM in the master instrument list.

The problem arises when I want to select expiry. 03-11 is not available in the drop down list (the list only goes back to 09-11; see attached screenshot). What do I do for expiries before 09-11?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

Please adjust your PC clock to 2007 with the steps I have provided below in order to view earlier expiry dates.
      • Shut down NinjaTrader
      • Right mouse click on your PC clock
      • Adjust Time/Date
      • Click on Change data and time....
      • Adjust your date to a June date in 2007
      • Click Ok
      • Start NinjaTrader and 2007 expiries will be available

After you have added the additional instruments please set your PC clock back to 2012.
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I seem to be facing the same issue. Even though data from June 2 has been imported successfully the chart starts only from June 19. Please suggest where I am going wrong. Thx,
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello donmuthu,

Does it make a difference if you right click in the chart and you select 'Reload All Historical Data'? If not, please exit NinjaTrader and go to C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db and delete the cache folder. Start NinjaTrader and check again.

If the issue remains, please try the following. Go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the NIFTY and click Edit. Set 'Merge policy' to DoNotMerge and click OK.

Remove and re-add the NIFTY 07-14 to your instrument list. Instructions can be found at the link below.

Click OK in the Instrument Manager and create a new NIFTY 07-14 chart. Check if data is loaded up to June 2nd.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thx Jason. "DoNotMerge" and removing and adding again worked.

A related query: Say, I have uploaded incorrect data. Would uploading the correct data rewrite the old data? or Do I have to delete the old data first?

Comment

I am not quite sure if it will rewrite the data. I recommend to delete the incorrect data first at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab.

Shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the folder below.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db

Delete the "cache" folder.

Start NinjaTrader and import the correct data.

Comment

Hello

I'm also having some trouble with data import for the S&P500 index. I've imported correctly, and everything is visible in the Historical Data Manager, and a manual check of the data confirms.

I've been advised to import a text file called SPXNT. I understand the import should have created a new Master Instrument called something like $SPXNT, but nothing.

I've tried creating a new instrument, using Stock and Index, but nothing saves, and there is no error message.

Where should I look next?

Comment

Hello James Beale,

Can you please tell me what instrument is listed in the Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab that shows the data you imported.

Do you see a stock instrument named "SPXNT" in the Instrument Manager?

Comment

Historical Data Manager / Edit tab shows SPXNT.

No stock instrument named "SPXNT" in the Instrument Manager.

Comment

Hello James Beale,

Thank you for clarifying.

The SPXNT should be listed in the Instrument Manager. Can you please disconnect from any data feed in NinjaTrader. Subsequently open the Instrument Manager, set Type to <Any>, enter SPXNT in the Name field and hit the Search button. Check if you see the SPXNT listed.

Comment

Yes. Thank you. That did the trick. I didn't realise that being connected to a data feed would cause the issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post ghoul
                        by ghoul

Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes