Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cannot connect to MB Trading with the last version.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot connect to MB Trading with the last version.

Ninja 7.0.1000.10 and MBT Navigator Version 11.8.0.45 :

Please disregard. It seems to be my fault.
    Last edited by xTrader1; 09-17-2012, 01:40 PM.

Hello xTrader1,

Thanks for your post.

With NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.10 you must use MBT Navigator 11.8.0.45
    Below I have provided a link to the download of this.

You may use MBT Navigator 11.9.0.44 however with NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.11
    Below I have provided a link to MBT Navigator 11.9.0.44

To upgrade to NinjaTrader version 7.0.1000.11 please follow the link bellow

Under Current User paste your license key
    You can locate your license key under Help> License key
    Select Download NinjaTrader
    Download Version 7.0.1000.11 (Current)
    Before running the installer ensure NinjaTrader is closed

If there is anything further I may assist you with don't hesitate to ask.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, can I ask is the version relevant just for connection or just trading.

I am using NT 7.0.1000.11 and I use MBT for connection only not trading.

I see MBT 11.9.0.48 is now available what must I use?

Thanks, Alan

Comment

Originally posted by saintalan View Post
        Hi, can I ask is the version relevant just for connection or just trading.

I am using NT 7.0.1000.11 and I use MBT for connection only not trading.

I see MBT 11.9.0.48 is now available what must I use?

Thanks, Alan
        This is a link to the NinjaTrader MB Trading Connection guide... It is always updated with which version of DeskTop to use.

I keep it bookmarked in my browser just under NinjaTrader....

As you use DeskTop over time, be careful not to accidently allow DeskTop to update on startup...

DeskTop will come out with revisions faster than you can use them with NinajTrader..... several upgrades of DeskTop will go by that you must NOT install.....

you will upgrade DeskTop only when NinjaTrader recommends.... not when DeskTop asks you if you want to update it, or updates become available.

Comment

Originally posted by Crassius View Post
          This is a link to the NinjaTrader MB Trading Connection guide... It is always updated with which version of DeskTop to use.

I keep it bookmarked in my browser just under NinjaTrader....

As you use DeskTop over time, be careful not to accidently allow DeskTop to update on startup...

DeskTop will come out with revisions faster than you can use them with NinajTrader..... several upgrades of DeskTop will go by that you must NOT install.....

you will upgrade DeskTop only when NinjaTrader recommends.... not when DeskTop asks you if you want to update it, or updates become available.
          I'm glad this question was asked because I didn't know about Updates. I did learn one has to have proper MBTrading Navigator to go with NT though.

If I update NT, do I have to go through all the Connection Configuration Instructions on that link you posted? That looks like starting over.

Comment

Originally posted by SharonSS View Post
            I'm glad this question was asked because I didn't know about Updates. I did learn one has to have proper MBTrading Navigator to go with NT though.

If I update NT, do I have to go through all the Connection Configuration Instructions on that link you posted? That looks like starting over.
            Usually not. It depends on the update to NT. Many will simply run in a quick and easy way, and all your connection configuration will survive the upgrade.

Once in a while.... for me the upgrade to 7.0.1000.10.... did not work properly, and after hours of struggling to get historical backfill to work properly, and after NT tried and had no problems, I had to completely uninstall NT, and start from a fresh installation.... that required going through the steps in the Connection Guide again.

That has happened once before, so I had been keeping good backups, thankfully. All I had to do was apply my backup file after the fresh install and I was up and running again.

The connection guide is one place you can go and see exactly what the current versions of NT are, and what version of DeskTop is required.

Comment

Can't Find NT 7.0.1000,11

I had opened NT a week or so ago and it opened fine with MBTrading. This evening when I opened it, only the main box came up with a box notice that kept coming up that said I had to update to the most current NT and that I had to uninstall what I had.

So I did. Now it won't work because I need NT 32bit, but it's not available. I tried downloading both 7.0.1000.14 - didn't work - uninstalled and then installed 7.0.1000.13 and it still is 64 bit so won't work either.

Very puzzled and don't know what to do now as these links keep me going in a circle.

PS I just saw directions in another thread and I was suppose to reboot after uninstalling NT the first time? Could that be the issue. The other person had a choice for 32bit NT, but I don't know where he saw that. ???
              Last edited by SharonSS; 06-23-2013, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Hello SharonSS,

Thanks for writing in.

Please complete the following steps to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader to restore both the 32 bit and 64 bit version

First uninstall NinjaTrader within the Windows Control Panel
                Open the following directory within Windows
                C:\Program Files (x86)
                If you see the NinjaTrader 7 folder in here delete it
                Once uninstalled you can redownload NinjaTrader from the link below

Download and install Version 7.0.1000.14 (Current)

You should have 2 NinjaTrader icons when complete, the 64-bit version "NinjaTrader 7(64-bit)" and the 32-bit version "NinjaTrader 7"
                They shold be available both on your desktop and within the Windows Start Menu> All Programs> NinjaTrader 7

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                  Hello SharonSS,

Thanks for writing in.

Please complete the following steps to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader to restore both the 32 bit and 64 bit version

First uninstall NinjaTrader within the Windows Control Panel
                  Open the following directory within Windows
                  C:\Program Files (x86)
                  If you see the NinjaTrader 7 folder in here delete it
                  Once uninstalled you can redownload NinjaTrader from the link below

Download and install Version 7.0.1000.14 (Current)

You should have 2 NinjaTrader icons when complete, the 64-bit version "NinjaTrader 7(64-bit)" and the 32-bit version "NinjaTrader 7"
                  They shold be available both on your desktop and within the Windows Start Menu> All Programs> NinjaTrader 7

I've got it working now. Now the problem is when I click on Indicators on a chart, an indicator I paid for won't show up in the list of indicators. I tried Importing it again, but a Message came up that said there was an error where I can't import anything. I then opened Tools-> NinjaScript->Indicator and my Indicator is shown there, but not in my list of Indicators for a chart. ??? How can I get my Indicator in my Chart list of Indicators. for a chart?

I know there are errors somewhere in NT, but don't have a clue where or how to correct them. I don't think I had any problems until I had used those Jurik indicators that I ended up not using.

Basically, I can't use any of the Indicators that I had previously downloaded and used before.

Comment

Hello SharonSS,

Thanks for your reply.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

Open NinjaTrader
                    From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
                    Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
                    A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
                    At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
                    From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.
                    If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please post a screen shot of the error

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

Comment

Very interesting. Thanks for such clear directions.

I followed your directions and this is what I came up with. At one time I tried getting data from MBTrading through NT to Ensign. However, it was only showing bars from time I opened the charts so didn't use.

Metadata file ‘C\Users\Sharon\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Ninja Ensign 06 12 2012h dll’could not be found

I clicked on the Error Code and this came up:

NoDoc
                      Unfortunately we do not have NinjaScript context based Help information on this specific error code. You can check the Microsoft MSDN site section on error codes for futher information.

So I did:

Compiler Error CS0006

Visual Studio .NET 2003
                      4 out of 23 rated this helpful - Rate this topic
                      Metadata file 'dll_name' could not be found
                      The program was compiled and explicitly passed the name of a file that contained metadata; however, the .dll was not found.
                      http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a92dycyz(v=vs.71).aspx

Now this file is under Export. Should this be deleted? SMAZOrder1.cs (Type c# Source File)

I appreciate the link for solving other issues because I had some even before I tried connecting to Ensign.

Waiting for further advice.

Comment

Hello SharonSS,

Thanks for your reply.

This indicates that either the NinjaScript does not exist or is not properly referenced.
                        To resolve right click on the chart and select References
                        Select the bad reference and select Delete
                        Select add and see if you can properly find the file under the following
                        (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\custom
                        If the file exists under there add otherwise exit and select ok
                        Once complete right click on the code once again and select Compile to see if there are more errors
                        If you need further assistance with this please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, put ATTN Brandon in the message, and include a link to this forum topic so we may schedule a remote call.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                          Hello SharonSS,

Thanks for your reply.

This indicates that either the NinjaScript does not exist or is not properly referenced.
                          To resolve right click on the chart and select References
                          Select the bad reference and select Delete
                          Select add and see if you can properly find the file under the following
                          (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\custom
                          If the file exists under there add otherwise exit and select ok
                          Once complete right click on the code once again and select Compile to see if there are more errors
                          If you need further assistance with this please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, put ATTN Brandon in the message, and include a link to this forum topic so we may schedule a remote call.
                          I right clicked on a chart and there was no Reference there. I'll email you, but I have an errand I have to do so most likely you'll be gone by the time I get back. Maybe we can set up a time for tomorrow when I email you or maybe you know why there is no Reference when I right click on the chart. ???

Comment

Hello SharonSS,

Thanks for your reply.

It will be best to see what exactly is going on. I look forward to our call.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
                            10 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post traderqz  
                            Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes