Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triangles moving

Hi,

Hi, I'm viewing stocks using a chart with default 24/7 timeline and a decent Right side margin of 400. This lets me draw into the future of the chart. However, when I draw triangles past the current bar, save the workspace and then reload it the next day, the whole triangle moves one unit to the left. If I don't move it and reload the same workspace the next day (2 days after drawing the triangle) then the whole triangles has moved 2 units to the left.

Please, how can this be fixed as I tire of moving all the triangles I draw on a chart every single day.

P.S. sometimes if a triagle has an anchor point by a bar on a chart and an anchor point in the right side margin of it (the future), Then the anchor point on the left stays put and the anchor point in the future moves one unit to the left.

help please

Hello stockgoblin,

I have created a triangle the same way in a chart. I will check tomorrow if the anchor points have been changed as you report. If I can reproduce, I will forward your findings to development.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by stockgoblin View Post
      Hi,

Hi, I'm viewing stocks using a chart with default 24/7 timeline and a decent Right side margin of 400. This lets me draw into the future of the chart. However, when I draw triangles past the current bar, save the workspace and then reload it the next day, the whole triangle moves one unit to the left. If I don't move it and reload the same workspace the next day (2 days after drawing the triangle) then the whole triangles has moved 2 units to the left.

Please, how can this be fixed as I tire of moving all the triangles I draw on a chart every single day.

P.S. sometimes if a triagle has an anchor point by a bar on a chart and an anchor point in the right side margin of it (the future), Then the anchor point on the left stays put and the anchor point in the future moves one unit to the left.

help please
      It is not your anchor point that is moving: the new bar is being drawn to the right of the anchor point. The anchor point is fixed statically relative to the chart/bar at the time that it, the triangle is drawn, not dynamically to any bar.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello stockgoblin,

I have created a triangle the same way in a chart. I will check tomorrow if the anchor points have been changed as you report. If I can reproduce, I will forward your findings to development.
        Try an hourly chart, it's even worse. The next day the triangles aren't even close to where I drew them originally. This kinda makes this feature unusable except when drawn in the past. I don't care about the past, it's the future I trade. Please, how can I draw triangles to the right of the current bar and make them stay where I put them?

Comment

Yes, I know. The anchor points remain the same but the chart changes. What do I do about it, other than move all my triangles every day, or every hour on the hourly chart?

Comment

Originally posted by stockgoblin View Post
            Yes, I know. The anchor points remain the same but the chart changes. What do I do about it, other than move all my triangles every day, or every hour on the hourly chart?
            That depends on what the triangles are. You can draw dynamic triangles with DrawTriangle(). Manually drawn triangles cannot be made dynamic.

Comment

Forward to development

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Hello stockgoblin,

Jason,

Can you please forward to development this problem and see if it is possible for them to expand the triangle drawing option to be dynamic so the triangles will stay put when drawn to the right of the current bar.

I would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

I will forward your suggestion to support drawing objects this way to development.

Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

It has been added to the list and assigned to ID# 2003.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                  Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes