X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cpu

Hello,

question to computer ressources and charts please:

is there a difference if there are in one workspace eg 16 charts or if there are 2 workspaces (opened of course) each with 8 charts (so in total 16 charts)?

Thanks
    Tony

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your post.

The same resources will be used if you have all 16 charts open in a single Workspace or if you have these divided up between 2 Workspaces.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Another question referring to bringing up charts on the screen please:

when I have a chart with a automatic strategy in the same workspace but overlayed by other charts which I use for charting and drawing - can I add in my NT-script somehow that the chart with the autostrategyis chart is brought up to top of other charts once an entry is done and the strategy is running?

Thanks
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your post.

The same resources will be used if you have all 16 charts open in a single Workspace or if you have these divided up between 2 Workspaces.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello,

I'm not quite following - can you clarify what you would like to do?
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello,

for example I want to have 4 charts (4 instruments) on my screen. in these charts I do analysis and drawing.

Behind these 4 charts I have 4 charts (same instruments) with my autostrats. I want to have the chart with autostrat on top - over the drawing-chart - when there is an entry in my autostrat.

Could I clearify this simple idea?

Thanks
          Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          Hello,

I'm not quite following - can you clarify what you would like to do?

Comment

To make sure I'm documenting this correctly, you would like the chart with the strategy to pop up automatically should it receive a fill?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello,

now I´m not sure what you mean with "pop up".

I try again with only 2 charts: imagine you have a workspace with only 2 charts. one chart is for drawing, analysis, pitchforks, lines..... This chart is maximized on the screen and you see this chart and work with.
              the other chart for the same instrument with your Nt-script-strategies is behind. This chart is overlayed by the "drawing-chart". (you dont want to draw on your auto-nt-script-strategy-chart, therefore there is another chart with the NT-script in background as you are not interested in this chart as long as the strategy is flat) But when the strategy enters a trade (on the chart that is "behind") then this chart should be on the top (like you would click on somewhere to have it in front)

I hope I could explain now what I mean.
              (of course with 2 charts this makes no practical sense maybe - but I have many forex pairs which I analyse and for each NT-scripts in seperate charts)

Best
              Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
              To make sure I'm documenting this correctly, you would like the chart with the strategy to pop up automatically should it receive a fill?

I look forward to assisting you further.
              Last edited by tonynt; 09-19-2012, 01:05 PM. Reason: typing error

Comment

Thank you Tony.

This is not possible at this time, but I will send this into our product development team to have added to the list of feature enchantments.

Comment

Originally posted by tonynt View Post
                  Hello,

now I´m not sure what you mean with "pop up".

I try again with only 2 charts: imagine you have a workspace with only 2 charts. one chart is for drawing, analysis, pitchforks, lines..... This chart is maximized on the screen and you see this chart and work with.
                  the other chart for the same instrument with your Nt-script-strategies is behind. This chart is overlayed by the "drawing-chart". (you dont want to draw on your auto-nt-script-strategy-chart, therefore there is another chart with the NT-script in background as you are not interested in this chart as long as the strategy is flat) But when the strategy enters a trade (on the chart that is "behind") then this chart should be on the top (like you would click on somewhere to have it in front)

I hope I could explain now what I mean.
                  (of course with 2 charts this makes no practical sense maybe - but I have many forex pairs which I analyse and for each NT-scripts in seperate charts)

Best
                  Tony
                  Are you really really sure that you want a chart suddenly brought to the front while you may be working with input on another chart? I must say that I personally hate it when a window suddenly seizes control of my input device without so much as a by-your-leave.

A better idea may be to put up a message window when you enter the trade. It is simple enough to code such into your trade entry block. A cursory look around these fora will show many examples of using a message block. Even simpler, you could just use the NT Log() method to pop up a window anyway. That way you get notice, and a record to boot, with no interference to what you may be doing on the foreground chart when the trade is entered. If your strategy is taking only a few trades, the penalty for using the Log() method should not be onerous.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve our product. It has been inserted into our tracking system with the unique ID # 2000.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
                    7 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                    Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes