Sim partial fills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sim partial fills

On the Options/simulator tab, there is a box for Enforce partial fills. What does this do, and is there any way to prevent the simulator from filling a limit order without the price going through the limit price?

Hi Atomic, that option will give you more partial fills, so giving your more invidivual executions to test how strategies and code behaves in those scenarios. There's unfortunately no option to have price trade through your limit order all the time, so depending on volume and q location you could be filled on a touch, too. Would you like to see such an option be made available?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi Atomic, that option will give you more partial fills, so giving your more invidivual executions to test how strategies and code behaves in those scenarios. There's unfortunately no option to have price trade through your limit order all the time, so depending on volume and q location you could be filled on a touch, too. Would you like to see such an option be made available?
      When I started working with this I didn't think so, but now that I am using it to monitor and keep up with actual fills at the broker, I find that I would prefer to have it only fill when the limit price is punched out.

Comment

Thanks, added that into our suggestion tracking for potential enhancement in a future version - what you can look into is uppen the delays to be later in the q at your price points, which should result in less orders filled on touches.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes