Partial Bars incorrectly drawn by NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partial Bars incorrectly drawn by NT

I have seen complaints about range bars having this partial bar behavior before, and for a while we had a user submitted custom bar type that overcame the problem called Range Bars Without Reset, but it seems to no longer work.

Also tick bars have the same behavior of cutting off at the end of a session..... even if I select default 24/7. Each bar is supposed to contain 2000 ticks let's say and exactly 2000 ticks.... not cut off and start a new bar, which causes the calculations based on close to have errors.

The value of these bar types is that they are time independent. Yet NT's current behavior imposes exactly what they are designed to get away from.... time... on at least one bar each day.

If you calculate on bar close, you get one extra calculation, at a random number of ticks on the last bar of the day, or a random range in the case of range bars. This throws the indicators off and defeats the purpose of using these bar types.

Since NinjaTrader has not exposed the custom bar type API, we are not able to build bars the way we want. Please fix this and PLEASE expose the custom bar API.
    Attached Files

Crassius, thanks for the feedback - those thoughts have been added to our feedback lists collected in product management. As a workaround you could create a session template spanning a full week without breaks, so there would be no reset to the range bar count done at all - only on the weekend, since a week would be the longest custom session you can use.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Vielen Dank, Bertrand, I will definitely give that a try....

it has bothered me for a long time, but since I almost never hold a trade ovenight it hasn't directly affected me... I wanted to hold a short last night and was reminded how awful that is....

I'll use your suggestion for now...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
      15 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post xiinteractive  
      Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
      1 response
      0 likes