Strategy Disables Itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Disables Itself

I have setup a simple strategy to email me an alert when moving avgs xover. I run chart trader in one window so I set up a second chart for the strategy. The problem is that the strategy gets disabled quite frequently and I do not know when it happens. I am running an ATM and see a msg in the log that says "Cancelling any remaining strategy orders". Is the ATM killing it?

If you're inadvertently flattening all positions, that could cause your strategy to stop running.

Comment

Hello maxsys,

Thank you for your post.

So I may investigate exactly why the strategy is disabled please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support. Please put 'ATTN: Patrick' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=52655

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

After further review in the logs, I see that I hit chart trader close position (which I did). And that also closed my alert strategy on another chart. What if I moved the strategy to another Workspace, would that still happen?

Comment

Hello maxsys,

Thank you for your response.

This will not effect the strategy as it is not tied to the workspace. You can test this by opening two workspaces, one with the strategy on a chart and the other with the Chart Trader on the chart. When you hit CLOSE on the Chart Trader it will disable the strategy on the other workspace/chart.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888
          by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
          0 responses
          1 view