Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there in NT some field of optimization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there in NT some field of optimization?

I've ran many optimization process in NT, and for quite some time I've wanted to do a different kind of optimization, that is simply that trying to get the more constant positive returns daily although smaller than others in the long run, obviously it implies less net total monthly profits.

I've tried every possible combination, by profit, profit factor, less withdraw, max probability...etc but non of this is able to do what I want. Despite the fact that the main factor to achieve this is the algorithm itself, I'd like to ask to Ninjas if there's possible somehow to set this kind of optimization.

Thanks

pstrusi, there's unfortunately currently not a type available that would offer searching for max number of profitable days, which is basically what you seek here - it could be custom coded via C# though if you're a programmer - for a list of available types and their source code please have a look into the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Type folder.

I've also added this type request to our enhancement tracking for future consideration - thanks for the input.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've checked it out, I see the code for the optimization. Despite I'm not a programmer (just an economist) I see certain logic, and I wonder if u know how can I call a variable for daily profit ? how does NT identifies the daily gross/losses profit?
      For example: as you have "the gross profit for all trades" through "return systemPerformance.AllTrades.TradesPerformance.Gros sProfit;"

Comment

Never mind Bertrand, this requires really a high level of programming; so, I encourage NT strongly to develop this field of optimization, I'm sure it could be a very useful field for the optimization process.

Thanks for your attention

Comment

That's correct, it would need higher level custom coding to generate these types - I appreciate your feedback and like the idea of extending the ones offered.

You can also search our forums for some custom types shared by others, though your's specifically does not come to mind (from memory) - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=34633
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by pstrusi View Post
            Never mind Bertrand, this requires really a high level of programming; so, I encourage NT strongly to develop this field of optimization, I'm sure it could be a very useful field for the optimization process.

There's an add on that might work. i have it bookmarked some where.
            It's not cheap, I've never used it, and can't recommend it one way or the other.

I think they are an NT partner. I'll try to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by pstrusi View Post

Sorry, it was a stand alone expensive package.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                Sorry, it was a stand alone expensive package.
                Where "expensive" starts are what price exactly?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post trilliantrader  
                Started by samish18, Today, 08:31 AM
                1 response
                1 view
                0 likes