Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slippage

Hello,

sorry that question after all the months being here with NT.

How can I determine different slippages for entries, targets and stops so that I can tell my strategy:

* entries: "do not chase!"

* targets: "could be find to exit here!!"

* stops: "get out here with every price for safetey reaons!!!"

Thanks
    Tony

Sorry Tony, perhaps I don't fully follow you - but slippage in back-testing would be applied to all market order entries, as for limit order setups (including stop limit) you cannot have slippage, as it only executes at the price specified or better, so only positive slippage then possible.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand,

thank you for your reply. Sorry, maybe I´m totally confused after all.

I dont mean for backtesting, I mean to do an entry only with eg 3 pips slippage, but the stop should be done in every case. Eg the stop for a long-position is at 1.2900 (I think no matter if as "stop-as-value" or eg by a variable like DonchianChannel-Lower). When price is falling below 1.2900 the stop should be realized even when price is falling very fast and wide. Or to ask different: how can I avoid that there will something prevent from realizing the stop or could there be something (eg because somewhere slippage is set and I dont know now).

Again, sorry for this question, I think I´m totally confused after doing my scripts now for months - I think I lost the basics maybe.

Thanks
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Sorry Tony, perhaps I don't fully follow you - but slippage in back-testing would be applied to all market order entries, as for limit order setups (including stop limit) you cannot have slippage, as it only executes at the price specified or better, so only positive slippage then possible.

Comment

Hi Tony, you don't mean slippage then, but current bid / ask spread - you can check with via taking the difference of GetCurrentAsk / GetCurrentBid and have this as condition in your entries to be smaller then you 3 pip threshhold.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes