Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restricting daily loss

Hello Traders!

I use the ATM Strategy tool for all trades. Each trade has a stop of -10 ticks, which is the maximum risk that I am willing to concede a trade. My defined maximum daily loss is -20 ticks. Now I look for a script that closes the current trade me if my maximum daily loss is triggered from -20 ticks. So no matter whether this then displays just +9 ticks or -5 ticks. With a cumulative daily balance of -20 ticks is automatically closing.

Perfect would be if it is no longer possible, a new trade to open at all. Or alternatively, a warning message: "You have lost your money today, come back tomorrow :-)!"

Here my system time clock is from 00:00 to 23:59 clock than a day. As soon as a new day begins, I can reopen an order via ATM Strategy.

Experienced me would write such a script? I thank you in advance for your efforts! I think, to use this script - to protect the trading account - is a perfect tool for many traders.

Best regards,
    Rainbowtrader

Rainbowtrader,

There is a script you can use that outlines how to do this, however its specific to automated trading.

You can however combine this script with ATM strategies to have an automated strategy using both the maximum loss criteria AND your ATM strategies.

Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jeronymite  
    Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
    7 responses
    0 likes