Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charting template

Hi NT staff,
    One charting template is CME commodities. Wondering what commodities are covered by this template? I assume it shoudl cover all physcial commodities like agriculture, metal, and energy. But there are other templates that cover them like CBOE agriculture and NYMEX metall/energy. Any idea?

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Could you clarify, are you referring to the Session Templates within the Data Series window?
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes Cameron.

Comment

binwang2,

Thanks for the clarification.

There are many Session Templates.

These templates show on the chart the times instruments are trading.

However, there not just one for commodities, as many commodities have different pit or electronic trading sessions.

This is different between each exchange and on each instrument in some cases.

We have setup the instruments to use a Session Template by default.

You can view the Session Template used per instrument by view the Details of the instrument in the Instrument Manager.

Control Center -> Tools -> Instrument Manager
        Search for the instrument -> Select it -> Press the Edit button.
        CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Using default session template would be most convinent for traders. However, i see some default settings are not comlpetely accurate. I attached ZW as an example. The default setting is to use CBOT agriculture ETH per instrumenmt manager. The charts display the trading hours have a gap between 13:00 PM and 18:00 PM CST. That will cut off some data. In reality the gap should be between 14:00 - 17:00 CST. The CME commodities template can show ZW correctly. i attached that also. If somehow the default instrument setting can take care of the business then it would be lot easier for NT users.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello binwang2,

The 'CBOT Agriculturals ETH' session template uses the proper times by default. Can you please check the session template in the Session Manager and see if it lists the times of the screenshot.

Could it be your PC clock uses US Eastern time zone, so the gap would be from 15:00 to 18:00? The session break line is listed at 15:00 in your screenshot.
            Attached Files
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason. My "CBOT Agriculturials ETH" looks quite different from yours. I attached it along with "CME commodities ETH" template. The CME commodities template spans more than ZW is actually trades so That may explain ZW can be displayed correctly.
              Also i checked my time split on the capture. It is slightly before 15:00 and it is actually 14:00 PM under "CME commodities ETH" template. MY PC is set at central time and i am using IB so its bars are time stamped on my PC. BTW, my NT is 7.0.1000.10.
              Attached Files

Comment

Can you please setup the 'CBOT Agriculturals ETH' session template the same as my screenshot. Save the session template. Create a new ZW 12-12 chart and check if data is loaded as expected.

Comment

Hi Jason, Changed template to yours and ZW is loaded correctly. Many thanks. see attachment.

Is there a way to check all templates to make sure they are set up the way they are supposed to be?

Regards,
                  Attached Files

Comment

Good to hear it loads correctly.

They should all be setup properly by default. The 'CBOT Agriculturals ETH' session template should list the times I have in my screenshot by default.

You can view the times of all session templates in the Session Manager.

Comment

Thanks. Did a check on grains, metal, energy, interest rate and index futures. Found CBOT agriculture mini ETH also had the same problem as CBOT agriculture ETH, on my PC. Corrected that also.

Session templates for other futures are set up correctly.

Many thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Christopher_R  
                      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                      166 responses
                      0 likes