Trying to get a handle on costs and fees for data and platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to get a handle on costs and fees for data and platform

Ok. I'm trying to understand why I should purchase NinjaTrader and a DataFeed.

Since I can remember I've been trading at TD Ameritrade with ThinkorSwim. My account allows me a real-time data feed for free.

I've seen and heard a lot of good things about Ninja Trader but I am confused/curious as to why someone would spend $50 per month for a platform to trade and another $50 a month for real-time data? What am I missing? I know that you don't get anything for free so what do I gain by going with NinjaTrader and a data feed like Kinetic?

I'm exclusively a futures trader but have never really used any other platform than TOS.

Can someone please clear some of these things up for me and why you do what you do with Ninja and Data feed?

Thanks
    Shoedad

Hello Shoedad,

Please note that you will receive data as well once you connect to a supported broker partner in NinjaTrader. It is not required to subscribe to a supported data feed provider such as Kinetick.

If you have your live account at TD Ameritrade, you can create a TD Ameritrade connection in NinjaTrader as per the instructions at the link below.

To enable access to NinjaTrader, please contact TD Ameritrade Tech Support using the Secure Message Center on the TD Ameritrade Web site. After logging in, click Client Services >Contact Us > "Send us an email" or call 1-800-669-3900 and ask for Tech Support. For the tech support agent to understand the request, please ask to switch from an orange account to a green account.

Some brokers do not support all data you need. For example, TD Ameritrade only supports stock and index data, no futures and forex data. If you like to have access to futures and forex as well, you can choose to purchase a subscription with a supported data feed provider.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, thanks. So if I want to switch to an MB Trading Account and use Ninja Trader what would be the Ninja Trader reccommended way of allowing future e-Mini data?

Thanks
      Shoedad

Comment

You will need to have e-mini futures data included for the MBTrading account you connect to. A MBTrading connection guide can be found at the following link
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes