eSignal DDL function format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imported post

That is correct. At the ATI you only can expect to see order and position information of orders and positions entered through ATI and not from within NT.

Comment

imported post

OK, that helps a lot to know that.

I have also figured outand tested a way torun the file in an AB #F eSignal chart. For your own reference, you would replace getSymbol() with getMySymbol() in the appropriate NTfunctions and includethe new function getMySymbol() below. Naturally, you would have to have the correct contract expiry date.

// Set function to return symbol format for NinjaTrader
      function getMySymbol()
      {
      symbol = getSymbol();
      if (symbol == "AB #F")
      symbol = "AB H6";

return symbol;
      }

Comment

imported post

Thanks for your code snipplet.

Comment

imported post

I just placed a new order using the following:

NTCommand("Place","Sim101","ER2 03-06","Buy",1,"MARKET", 0, 0,"DAY","","","12TickBasic1","")

The Buy market order was executed and filled, but the Profit/Loss brackets were not placed. I do have a valid strategy template named 12TickBasic1.

I can't seem to find where the parameter are inconsistant with the documentation. Can you tell me what I've missed and why it did not execute the strategy?

Comment

imported post

I was in error. The last piece of code I sent you for NTCommand to place an order did not fire at all, so it did not accept the market order. I'm still not sure what is wrong with the command. It seems to fit the documentation.

Comment

imported post

I see that the DLL Interface Functions definition is different from the eSignal Functions definitions, so I changed the command to:

NTCommand("Place","Sim101","Buy",1,"MARKET",0,0,"D AY","","","12TickBasic1","")

But it still doesn't fire.

The line NTBuyMarket("MyOrderId", 1) does exexcute a trade from my file so I know there isn't a problem elsewhere in the file., but I'm at a loss as to why the NTCommand is not firing.

Comment

imported post

What do the logs say?

Comment

imported post

The Log says:

AT, 'Place;Sim101;AB H6;Buy;1;MARKET;0;0;DAY;;;12TickBasic1;' processing

Comment

imported post

Is there any other log (please check an log option -> right click)? If not then I'm lost on that issue.

I would suggest this:
                    a) try using the IOF builder on the file interface and start from simple to complicated to see which combination of parameters work
                    b) then switch to the EFS file and apply these parameters

OR
                    a) start with NTSample.efs
                    b) insert NTCommand as replacement of the order submit methods and tweak it step by step

Comment

imported post

I dont understand what you are asking me to do bY;

Is there any other log (please check an log option -> right click)?

Can you explain?

Comment

imported post

Is the log you posted the first in the window (Note: turn off any filtering)?

Comment

imported post

Yes, it was the first (top) line in the log. I have no filtering applied to the log.

Comment

imported post

If I put:

NTCommand("Place","Sim101","Buy",1,"MARKET",0,0,"D AY","","","12TickBasic1","")

in NTSample.efs in place of NTBuyMarket("MyOrderId", 1), then the Market Order will be filled and the Stop/Loss positions for the strategy will be placed, but all the debug lines

debugPrint("Position size: " + NTMarketPosition("") + "\r\n");
                            debugPrint("AvgEntryPrice: " + NTAvgEntryPrice("") + "\r\n");
                            debugPrint("OrderStatus: " + NTOrderStatus("MyOrderId") + "\r\n");
                            debugPrint("Filled #: " + NTFilled("MyOrderId")+ "\r\n");
                            debugPrint("AvgFillPrice: " + NTAvgFillPrice("MyOrderId") + "\r\n");

will return a value of 0, except for OrderStatus, which is null. If I remove the strategy name, it will fill the market order, but the debug lines still return 0. All the other values in the "Place' command are shown to be required in the documentation.

Comment

imported post

werosen wrote:
                              IIf I remove the strategy name, it will fill the market order, but the debug lines still return 0. All the other values in the "Place' command are shown to be required in the documentation.
                              Make this work first = make an NTCommand replacing the NTBuyMarket work first and then add the strategy.

Comment

imported post

I'm not sure what the OIF builder tells me since I'm using the DLL. I took a look at it and there was a difference between what it generated and what was wrritten in the log as follows:

Log: AT, 'PLACE;SIM101;AB H6;BUY;1;MARKET;0;0;DAY;;;12TickBasic1;' processing

OIF Builder: PLACE;SIM101;ER2 03-06;BUY;1;MARKET;0;0;DAY;;;12TickBasic1;

The command line parameters and syntax match the eSignal Functions documentation exactly, and since it does not work properly in the NTSample.efs file, I don't know what to do at this point.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
                                14 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Nyman
                                by Nyman

Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
                                9 responses
                                1 like