Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbol list for Kinetick Market Metrics

Hi,

I subscribed to Kinetick live feed and started to explore the market metrics tody. Now all metrics I tried to look at are not defined in NT7 symbol mappings. I know that you can define each symbol in the instrument manager and did that for a couple of, but I would appreaciate if there is a symbol list ready for import. Since Kinetick is specially designed for NT I feel that the symbols should come pre-loaded, or that they provide a complete symbol list.

Marco

Marco,

You can see a list of all the metrics from the following link:

I have also attached a list ready for import. Please note that this will not import the description of the metric.

Please see our Help Guide article on Importing a List of symbols for more information:

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
    Attached Files
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Mathew,

Thanks for the list. Can you tell me if the symbols are all traded at the same exchange? Also, is 24/5 the correct session template and how are tick values defined when importing the list?

Thanks,

Marco

Comment

They come from various exchanges, however the market metrics do not need to have the correct exchange configured. You can import the entire list as NYSE and you will still receive data from the Kinetick connection.

Comment

Great I imported the list!

Now I have another problem. My first connection is IB since I need their live forex feed because I didn't subscribe forex data with kinetick. Now when NT tries to load market metrics, for example IR6T.Z, IB doesn't provide the data and I get an error. Is there a way to configure NT to load it from my second connection (kinetick)?

Comment

Hello,

At this time, since both Kinetick and IB offer data for all instrument classes, all instrument data will come from the primary connection. It is not currently possible to configure NinjaTrader to receive data from one provider for a specific class.

If you need this metric information from Kinetick, you will need to connect to Kinetick first. Improving this area of the platform is on our development team's list of future potential enhancements however I do not have an ETA on when we can expect a change in this area.

Comment

Hi Matthew,

Would like to clarify last message on multi-connections. Could you confirm following:

1. I have NT live license + Kinetick + IB broker all setup now.
              2. Kinetick data is for futures only (plus mkt internals)
              3. I add IB data feed subscriptions for equities/ETFs only.
              4. I want to trade on IB using both futures and equities.

Q1: Will this work? Can I trade through my IB broker connection using (1) futures data from Kinetick at same time as (2) equities data from IB?

From your message above my understanding is that as long as specific data instruments are not shared between Kinetick and IB I should be Ok? Or am I missing something?

Q2: If not possible now, will the development work you talk of allow this in future?

Thanks,
              Richard

Comment

You will still be able to trade on you IB account, however the data will come from the primary connection if that instrument class is supported. Since Kinetick offers futures and equity data, if you connect to this provider first, all of your data will come from this connection.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                  You will still be able to trade on you IB account, however the data will come from the primary connection if that instrument class is supported. Since Kinetick offers futures and equity data, if you connect to this provider first, all of your data will come from this connection.
                  Thanks Matthew,

Can I please clarify the exact meaning and implication of 'supported'. From your reply, as Kinetick supplies equity AAPL data for example:

Scenario A (data from one source only - first connection):

1. I connect to Kinetick first. Kinetick supports AAPL but have not paid for equity data.
                  2. On Kinetick alone I get access to delayed AAPL data.
                  3. I connect to IB where I have a US equity AAPL data subscription.
                  4. My AAPL data in NT remains supplied by Kinetick and delayed (ie IB data is not accessed).
                  5. I also continue to get my live ES futures data from Kinetick.

Scenario B (data from two sources - IB connection before Kinetick):

6. I connect to IB first and get AAPL data live.
                  7. I do not get ES futures from IB as not subscribed for that.
                  8. I connect to Kinetick for futures data.
                  9. My AAPL data continues to be received from IB live (ie Kinetick data does not take over).
                  10. My ES futures data is supplied from Kinetick live.

Look forward to your comments and clarification on this. Cannot test as not paid for IB data yet.

Best regards,
                  Richard
                  Last edited by RichardHK; 11-27-2012, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Richard,

When I say supported, I mean that they offer that class of data. IB and Kinetick both offer Stocks, Futurs and Forex. This means that if you connect to Kinetick first, all Futures and Stocks will come from Kinetick. If you were to connect to IB, all data will come from IB. It does not matter if you have a subscription to that instrument class.

Your first scenario is correct, however the second one would not work that way. Connecting to IB first will get all Futures and Stocks from IB.

Comment

Thanks Matthew,

Fully understood now. Much appreciated.

Richard

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by dustydbayer, Today, 01:59 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view