Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Certain products not working (even on Sim feed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certain products not working (even on Sim feed)

Hi.

I'm running Ninja free addition for the time being - and have been experimenting with various arrangements of charts / ladders etc.

However, I have noticed that when I connect to the simulated feed, certain products do not update price data at all. There is no consistency to it either.

So far I have identified 6A and 6S as not working. To be clear: I open up multiple price ladders and charts, for a range of CME and Eurex products, and almost all update prices continuously, as expected.

But regardless of whether I am connected to my live CQG data feed, or to the simulated feed, 6A and 6S do not work at all.

I have selected the correct contract months, as automatically defined by Ninja anyway (12-12).

Any ideas? Hope my query made sense.
    Much appreciated.

I tested 6A 12-12 and 6S 12-12 on simulated datafeed, zenfire, rhitmic and cqg and all works fine..
    May be you have something wrong on the instrument manager definitions ?

Regards,
    Pablo
    pmaglio
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - The Indicator Store

Comment

6A not working

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

Unfortunately 6A is still not working - and I am connected to my live CQG feed. All other products which I am interested in, e.g. 6E, 6C, 6B, ES, CL are working fine.
      But 6A will not update any prices at all - the price ladder is completely dead.

I have examined the instrument manager - 6A looks calibrated precisely the same as the other FOREX products...

I am completely confused and a little upset, because I feel 6A is a good choice through which to expose yourself to Chinese Central Bank actions.

Any ideas on what has happened are appreciated greatly.

Comment

Hello,

Can you please tell me which version of NinjaTrader you are using, NT V7.0.1000.11? You can check this under Help--> About.

If you are on the current version, please reset your instruments to restore the default working settings for the 6A contract.

To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Then restart NinjaTrader and test again.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Im running
          ninjatrader 64-bit 7.0.1000.8 (direct live)

I did reset the instruments, restarted ninjatrader... but no luck - 6A mysteriously does not update price information at all.

So weird.

Comment

Hello spearchew,

Thank you for that information.

Please upgrade your current version of NinjaTrader to our latest release. This is an over the top installation and there is no need to uninstall your current version of NinjaTrader.
            You will need your license key at the following link, you can find your license key by going to Help > License Key.

Download NinjaTrader: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Once you have upgraded NinjaTrader please test the 6A once more and advise if the price updates correctly.

Comment

Thanks for your help

This solved the issue!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM