Market/BID change on DOM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market/BID change on DOM?

When I first open my DOM, it shows the quick MARKET buy/sell buttons. Occasionally, however, it changes to show buy/sell at BID. Is there any reason for this change? Is it something I'm inadvertently doing to cause it? Can I change it back, or set a preference/parameter to always show "MARKET"?

Martinoc,

Holding various keyboard combinations will cause the switch. It's possible one of the buttons are stuck or something.

You can read about hot keys here :http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...h_hot_keys.htm
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Adam.

Possibly, but I never use the keyboard for trading (it's all done by mouse from the DOM itself) & I keep my keyboard clean & "gunge-free".

It seems to occur if I manipulate the stop/target from a pre-established & launched ATM, but that is not always the case - sometimes it happens & sometimes not at all. I can't establish any obvious trigger for the problem, hence my question here.

Recently, I've taken to having a second DOM (minimised on my task-bar) on standby, just in case it happens (which it seems to be doing with alarming frequency of late!).

Any other suggestions?

Martin

Comment

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your response.

When placing orders in the SuperDOM with your mouse, do you place Stop Market and Stop Limit Orders?
        In most cases you will need to hold down the CTRL button on your keyboard and then press the middle mouse (scroll wheel) button to place either the Stop Market (by default) or the Stop Limit Order.

If you press and hold the CTRL button down on your keyboard you should notice the Quick 'Market' Button turn to 'Bid', if you hold down SHIFT you should see it change to 'Ask'. In some cases placing a Stop Limit or Stop Market Order with CTRL held down can result in the 'Bid' being listed, to remedy this simply press the CTRL button once and it should change back to 'Market'.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes