Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sesison template

Hello,

Is it possible to change the session template on a list after being created?

My target is to create a custom template and modify the starting time to 10am and stop time to 3.30pm. Will the trades get execute at 3.30pm if I change the template applied to the list I'm trading? My strategy is calculated at the close bar (daily).

Thanks.
    Tex
    Last edited by TexFly; 09-30-2012, 05:30 PM.

TexFly,

You can create your own session templates, however I guess I am not sure what you are asking.

Whether or not your strategy would trade at this time would depend on the strategy. How does it currently work?
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well...I have a signal on a daily bar and I want to trade at 3.30pm EST. In normal conditions the signal (and order) is triggered at bar closing (therefore 4pm). I want to place the order at 3.30pm. So I thought if I change the session this may work?

Hope this clarify a bit ;-)

Comment

TexFly,

This wouldn't work unfortunately with daily bars, but you could try using a 1440 minute chart.

There reason here is that daily data is given to you from the data provider as OHLC values, and they would be determining how these are set, your session template wouldn't. A 1440 minute chart is equal one day but could get built using a custom session template.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Adam. How do I do that? I need to tell my code to calculate the signal at the closing bar (daily) yesterday and today if another condition is met trade at 3.30pm...that's what I'm trying to accomplish.

Comment

If you're running the strategy as calculate on bar close = true, the daily signal will not come through until the close of the bar.

If your strategy needs to run at COBC = true, but need to process signals before the end of the bar, you can separate logic to either calculate once on bar close or on every tick:

To submit the order at a specific time, please take a look at our reference sample on Using a time filter to limit trading hours:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes