Data won't load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data won't load

Good morning, I try toload data in Ninja and it won't work.

Every time I press "reload historical data" it will start loading from the current bar, missing all the rest of today's price data. I tried reconnecting, deleting and re-installing the instruments, resetting all the instruments in tools->options, nothing seems to help. I'm very much annoyed by this thing, because its not the first time its happening , how do I fix it once and for all?
    Attached Files

Hello snusnufreak,

Can you please tell me to what data feed provider you connect in NinjaTrader.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Jason! I connect with CQG

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

Unfortunately there is a known issue. There is no historical data recorded since the Globex open on Sunday.

Once there is news regarding the matter, we will let you know.

Comment

Development has reset the server and it records historical data again. There will be historical data starting around 6:00 AM EDT for the affected instruments.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the update Jason. Any idea when the missing data will be reinstated, and could you shed some light on what happened and why it wasn't covered by reduncancy of servers etc?

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have information if and when the missing data will added. I am not sure what caused the server to stop recording data either. If there is news on these items, I will let you know.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Jason.
                  There is an issue of confidence here, particularly since I see a suggestion on a parallel thread that this happens regularly. I'd appreciate some more information and reassurance in due course please.
                  And was it just CQG users that were affected? I don't recall problems when I used Kinetick.Thanks

Comment

Yes, the issue only affected CQG users - the server with historical data for CQG was affected.

Unfortunately I do not have any information on this yet. I am waiting for feedback from my superiors.

Comment

Any information regarding the missing data will be posted on the forum thread below.

Comment

I have this same problem. It has been unresolved for a very long time now.

It is not just with CQG. It is also with Market Replay. Usually it works in market replay, but today it is not. Because volume data on the forex market replay data from ninjatrader servers is wrong, I have to reload historical data to load proper volume. Unfortunately, because "Reload historical data" is gray and I cannot click it, it will not load.

When will this basic problem be fixed? I have tried resetting instruments, db.

Comment

Hello jimi euro,

Can you please clarify what instrument and what period does not load historical data when connected to CQG.

Volume data for forex instruments is not considered useful because it is not traded on a centralized exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                            Hello jimi euro,

Can you please clarify what instrument and what period does not load historical data when connected to CQG.

Volume data for forex instruments is not considered useful because it is not traded on a centralized exchange.
                            All instruments.

Comment

Can you please perform a disconnect/re-connect of CQG and check again.

If the issue remains, please proceed as follows. Go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and click Repair DB. Restart NinjaTrader and check if the charts load data.

If not, please exit NinjaTrader and go to C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db and delete the cache folder. Start NinjaTrader and check again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post briansaul  
                              Started by fwendolynlpxz, Today, 05:19 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes