Collapse

Data won't load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having the same type of problems with AMP/CQG volume data. I have a Market Analyzer table, two price charts and one volume chart. Prices backfill fine for all instruments but I have to reload historical for the volume chart each time I switch instruments in order for the volume chart to be correct. There is no autoback fill for it. I have to do it manually each time. Would it do it automatically if there was a chart tied to each instrument in the Market Analyzer? Thanks!

I also did the corrective measures mentioned prior.

Comment

cqg 6B data missing

Hi,

I have a problem with data of cqg for 6B symbol.
      The data did not load from today 5:40 AM GMT+1.
      Any idea why?

What makes me discontented is the fact, that this is happening 'quite often' - three times a month is not a good sign for me .

Marek

Comment

I have the same problem for the market profile and foot prints quite painful problem.

Comment

CQG Data Missing AGAIN.

If the problem was with CQG you would hear screams from all over the industry. I have been with NT for over 5 years and this rarely if ever happened before, so why now????

This industry is not straight up about anything so do not be surprised if one day they annouce the withdrawl of the historical data service, fait acomplice, and these breaks in data are actually an exercise to gauge the reaction and to see how many will just pay for the data or move to other platforms.

Comment

Hi Vasto,

It happened for second time this months "only" :-) 13.11.2012 and today.
            I do not know what they will do with this,but what I do is start NT early morning 6am GMT +1 and I have enough data for my indicators

Comment

The issue has been fixed. The historical data server records data again. Unfortunately there will be historical data missing between 23:42 - 4:09 EST. It will be corrected next weekend during server maintenance.

Our apologies for any inconvenience.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Jason, with respect, apologies for inconvenience don't hold water when the problem keeps occuring at this frequency. I've junked two trading days as a result in the past two weeks, plus the prior occurences.
                This reflects badly on the competence and professionalism of the whole Ninja Trader package. Sure, I can go to a new broker or use Kinetick; I can also go to Sierra for less money and expect that they will at least ensure data integrity from their servers.
                I like your software, please stop letting us down like this, or junk the whole AMP/CQG connection.

Comment

Totally agree with you, I am with the same AMP/CQG Broker deal and TOO MUCH is TOO MUCH specially at this frequency.
                  see copy of a mail I just sent out to support with off course NO REPLY.

Good Morning,

I wake up this morning with yet another issue regarding your product/platform.
                  No Historical data have been recorded for most instruments from 12:30am EST until now as the issue is not yet fixed
                  about a year ago or so I have paid for a life time license to own your product and bought a couple Indicators as they were not freely offered by you
                  and I can now say that I bitterly regret it... if I had not I would have by now gone
                  with another product as your platform is far from performing and delivering what it claims it should.
                  between the : NOT BEEN ABLE TO HAVE TWO INSTANCE OF NT RUNNING AT THE SAME TIME ON TWO DIFFERENT PC
                  NOT BEEN ABLE TO SYNC SIM ACCT FROM ONE PC TO THE OTHER
                  NO MOBILE PRODUCT OFFERED WHEN ON THE GO
                  MOST INDICATORS HAVING TO BE PURCHASE AS THEY ARE NOT FREELY OFFERED
                  CONSTANT ISSUE WITH HISTORIC AND ROLL OVER CONTRACT.
                  ECT.....ECT.....ECT....
                  Even a no cost piece of crap like "Metatrader 4" as more to offer and is more constant then your platform.
                  It is obvious you are not taking seriously the task at hand that is for traders like me to follow the market and remain profitable.
                  I know today is Thanksgiving and I am sorry to have to send you this mail but TOO MUCH IS TOO MUCH
                  Your product is just not up to the task.

Nico.

Comment

Hello Nico,

I have forwarded that email to my superiors. They are not in the office today. I believe they wil not be there tomorrow either due to Thanksgiving. Please expect a response later.

The historical data server is recording data again starting 7:54 AM EST. We will keep monitoring the server.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jason I am not holding you in anyway responsible for the issue but situation like this have been repeated too frequently and this product should for the money spent offer quite a bit more then it does and surly not have missing data at this rate let alone the rollover contract issues.
                      By the way AMP/CQG as nothing to do with this issue as I have contacted both company in regards to it.

Nico

PS: As off now it will take me more then 48hrs with my PC and platform running non stop to get my indicators back in gear............
                      Last edited by nicosxm; 11-22-2012, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Well I can certainly echo the frustrations that are being voiced in regard to the AMP/CQQ historical data issues in this thread!
                        Various Issues with the AMP/CQG adapter, from disconnection problems to historical data reload issues have been circulating for quite some time now, with fixes applied to later versions of NT to supposedly correct the issues, and still it goes on.

Over the last 2 weeks I have had major problems with the automatic reload of historical data when opening a chart or connecting, always necessitating the "reload all historical data' chart function for every chart and every instrument, sometimes it works other times it won't, often appearing quite random in nature. With the help of support I have carried out every possible measure at my end, including re installations of clean setup on different computers and still nothing resolved.

All I ask is for truth and honesty from NT..... can you fix it? If not tell me so I can move on.(and I don't just mean the data repair from today, but the ongoing problems)

Are you going to fix it? When? Again, traders cannot sit around idle, waiting and waiting while these issues run around in circles.

Like others I stick with NT because of its great charting and functionality but unfortunately all this is just a bucket of water in the ocean if the reliability of data and adapters is forever being compromised.
                        I do hope this can be resolved.

Trumb.

Comment

I am not sure AMP/CQG is to blame, though I can't prove it... on the other hand I have had my fair share of frustration with NT....And I do not find it exceptional as there is a lot
                          that need to be done and addressed and yet update after update no real changes come in effect. I have been asking about some kind of mobile app/device since a good while now and it seems NT couldn't be bothered with it (possibly still living in the 19th Century)
                          At this point the only positive thought I have goes to the folks at support center who I have to say are always fast to replay and ready to help..

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                          Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Taddypole