Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB daily reset connection

Hi,

As you know IB forces a software restart every night. So, in the morning, I find my NT open with the strategies enabled but without connection. I then restart the IB TWS and re-establish the connection. My question is: do I need to disable and re-enable all the strategies or everything is ready to go?

Thanks!
    Tex

Hello Tex,

You will need to re-enable your strategies after you re-connected to IB.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Even if the strategies are left enabled by NT after the IB drops the connection?

Comment

If you manually re-connnect, you will need to re-enable the strategies.

You can configure the behavior of automated strategies during a disconnection. You can find these settings at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Strategies-->NinjaScript-tab. Please see the link below for information

If you select KeepRunning, the strategy will not terminate but it will keep active and running during a disconnection. It will not submit any orders during the disconnection since the strategy requires real-time data to calculate its conditions. Once you are automatically re-connected, the strategy will continue to run and behave as you programmed.

Comment

Thanks Adam.

My settings are already on "keeprunning" and I need to manually reconnect to IB since it doesn't give me any other option. I just find it down every morninig.

The reason why I'm brining this up is because I have 200 instruments and IB blocks me every 6 (or whatever limitation they have) during the enabling process. This makes a true pain every morning to prepare my trading day!

Do you have any ideas about I can do this?

Thanks again.
          Tex

Comment

Unfortunately if you need to manually re-connect, you will need to re-enable your strategies as well. There is no workaround.

I am not sure if I follow. What is blocking you from re-enabling your strategies? Are you referring to the historical data limitation of IB? If so, I recommend to avoid this limitation from occurring. So make sure NinjaTrader does not request a lot of historical data. Before you connect to IB in NinjaTrader, please close workspaces, charts or other windows that request historical data.

Comment

Yes, I refer to historical data. My strategy loads 365 days (it's the default). If I reduce that number, does it help?

Comment

Yes, it will help if you reduce the amount of historical data requested by your strategy. Unfortunately you can load only so much historical data with IB. If you exceed this limit, you will experience an error. I am not sure how much historical data you can load in a certain period with IB. Please contact them for clarification.

You will need to ensure NinjaTrader does not request historical data exceeded their limit to avoid the error from occurring.

Comment

Originally posted by TexFly View Post
                  Hi,

As you know IB forces a software restart every night. So, in the morning, I find my NT open with the strategies enabled but without connection. I then restart the IB TWS and re-establish the connection. My question is: do I need to disable and re-enable all the strategies or everything is ready to go?

Thanks!
                  Tex

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                  Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                  4 responses