Plotting the RTH session open value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plotting the RTH session open value

The current day OHL is OK, but I want the lines for RTH session OHL.
    Where can I get this please.

many thanks

Not sure I follow.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      Not sure I follow.
      The RTH session OPEN would plot a line from 09:30 est through the day until 16:15est

Comment

Thanks for clarification. I suggest checking out the ConstantLines indicator where you manually could set the OPEN value for a line.

Comment

Thanks for clarification. I suggest checking out the ConstantLines indicator where you manually could set the OPEN value for a line.

many thanks.
          Could you or someone please expand on this.
          The open is the first tick price after 09:30est

many thanks

Comment

Right, you would need to set this OPEN price manually (!) on one of line values.

Comment

Right, you would need to set this OPEN price manually (!) on one of line values.
              Thankyou.
              Can you please give me the example of setting the OPEN manually to 09:30

many thanks

Comment

Not sure I follow. Say, the open price is 1250, you then would need to set 1250 manually (!) on the "Line 1 value" property.

Comment

Not sure I follow. Say, the open price is 1250, you then would need to set 1250 manually (!) on the "Line 1 value" property.
                  Silly me, I was thinking the indicator would set automatically

many thanks

Comment

Current Day OHL

I may be mistaken, but it sounds to me like what he wants is a customized version of the native current day OHL indicator so that it will begin with prices from the RTH open time, and thus also reflect the actual high and low during only the RTH session, not the high and low influenced by the Globex pre-market session prices. I too would like to know how to accomplish that but of course I am not a coder.

I do realize that I could switch over to a gap chart or in essence a chart of just the RTH period but I would prefer to run 24 hour charts in order to be able to see all the overnight and pre-market action without having the highs and lows of that period impact my current day OHL lines.

Can someone perhaps suggest how to accomplish that in a very simple step by step manner utilizing a copy of the regular Current Day OHL indicator and saving the customized version under a revised name. If someone has already done this please accept my apologies and just point me in the right direction to obtain it.

Happy Trading,
                    Randy

Comment

You would probably use a time filter on the indicator in the code.
                      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think the following will accomplish what you want, but you would need to use v6.5beta. In chart properties, set the Session begins and Session ends time to the start time for RTH. With both set at same time, you will still have 24 hour charts, but the "CurrentDayOHL" indicator will reset at the time you have set.

Comment

Hi Randy,
                          I am so new to NT that I squeak, but here is what I have done.
                          I have set my session open and close in properties to 09:30 so now "CurrentDayOHL" is giving me the RTH H and L and I have blanked out the Open via transparent color in the meantime.

Then I apply a "ConstantLine" with the OPEN value which I obtain from CMEgroup site at 09:41

The problem with using NT Open value is that it may not agree with the CME value and the OPEN acts as both a two way magnetic and a black hole throughout the session.
                          Very few people IMO give respect to the ongoing power of the O.

Hope this helps
                          kind regards

Originally posted by randyjb View Post
                          I may be mistaken, but it sounds to me like what he wants is a customized version of the native current day OHL indicator so that it will begin with prices from the RTH open time, and thus also reflect the actual high and low during only the RTH session, not the high and low influenced by the Globex pre-market session prices. I too would like to know how to accomplish that but of course I am not a coder.

I do realize that I could switch over to a gap chart or in essence a chart of just the RTH period but I would prefer to run 24 hour charts in order to be able to see all the overnight and pre-market action without having the highs and lows of that period impact my current day OHL lines.

Can someone perhaps suggest how to accomplish that in a very simple step by step manner utilizing a copy of the regular Current Day OHL indicator and saving the customized version under a revised name. If someone has already done this please accept my apologies and just point me in the right direction to obtain it.

Happy Trading,
                          Randy

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Mizzouman1  
                          Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM
                          1 response