Forex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex

I open a EUR/USD and in the data box, the day for today is 10/03/2012, but today is 10/02/2012. I attach a screenshot.

The graph is 24 hours, what is the time considered by NT in Forex for a new day and the end of the day? That time is the same for all pairs?

Thanks

Daniel
    Attached Files

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for you post.

Which session template is used in this chart? To check, right click in the chart and select Data Series - session template will be listed to the right side of that menu.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for your answer. I attach the screenshot

Default 24/7
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for getting back to me with the answer to this question. Which Timezone does your PC use? We should be able to make a modification to the Default 24/7 template which will cause the date to rollover at midnight.

Comment

Hi Kyle,

This is the time zone my PC uses.
          (UTC+01:00) Bruselas, Copenhague, Madrid, París

I was thinking about it because I have never had this problem before. Is it possible that the date is 10/03/12 because the bar closes at 6am??

Is this the way all the pairs closes in NT if you select the daily chart?

Thanks

Daniel

Comment

Hi Daniel,

NinjaTrader bar times and dates are based on the close of a bar. Since this bar closes at 6:00 AM tomorrow in your timezone, the 3rd is used for the bar's date.

You can edit this however:
            Open the Session Manager by clicking Tools > Session Manager.
            Select the Default 24/7 template - change the timezone setting to your local timezone, then click Save and finally OK.
            Finally, restart NinjaTrader for the change to take effect.

Comment

Ok, thanks Kyle.

I still have 2 questions:

1)What about the way NT do the daily charts in Forex?? All the pairs open and finish bar at the same time?

2) In case you have an open position in Forex, is it needed to do a kind of roll over? I think it is not necessary isn't it?

Thanks

Sincerely

Daniel

Comment

Hi Daniel,

1.) The daily bars rollover is set at the server and would remain the same regardless of which session template is used.

2.) This is not necessary.

If other questions come up please let me know.

Comment

Problem with forex data

I would like to ask how to load USD/CZK data from IB into my NT charts. I can see only blank chart.

Comment

Hello,

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
                    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
                    • Press the "New" button
                    • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
                    • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
                    • Press the "OK" button

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
                    • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
                    • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
                    • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
                    • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list

You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.

Comment

Hello Kyle,
                      thank you for your answer. I have added this instrument to my instrument list some months ago and it was working fine. But now when I want to load a chart it is blank.

Comment

Hi,

I'd recommend checking your settings for the instrument against what you see within IB's TWS. Since no data loads for you, it's likely that there is some difference between the two.

Comment

Hello Kyle,
                          I contacted IB and they said me that IB has made no changes on their end. I can open a chart in TWS for this instrument without problem. So I tried to make a new instrument in Instrument manager (I can´t find USDCZK in the main list of the instruments so I can´t check the settings). Because I have this instrument in my default instrument list (in the list on the left side) and I didn´t want to delete it I tried to make some another similar new instrument but without succes. Maybe I do something wrong (see attachement). Whats wrong? Could you help me please to set it?
                          Thank you.
                          emuns
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello emuns,

Please delete any instrument you created first. Highlight it in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Delete.

Create a new instrument and setup the instrument similar to other forex instruments so like the attached screenshots. Check if you receive data.

Check if you receive data if you select the instrument in the Control Center-->Orders-tab as well.
                            Attached Files
                            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,
                              thank you for your reply. The problem is that I can´t create the instrument even though I followed the steps you mentioned. What surprises me is that if I click on the "Type" button in the "Available master instruments" there is only: Future, Index, Stock...
                              Thanks
                              emuns

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
                              0 responses