Do I need both IQFeed and IB feeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need both IQFeed and IB feeds?

I just unsubscribed to my feeds from IB since I am a long time IQFeed user. However, I am now getting errors on strategy startup such as this:

Requested market data is not subscribed. Error&CBOE/IND/Top 354
    Requested market data is not subscribed. Error&NASDAQ/IND/Top 354
    Requested market data is not subscribed. Error&BEST/STK/Top 354

Do I need to subscribe to both IQFeed and IB realtime for any data/symbols that I use in my strategies?

I connect to IQFeed first and IB second. I use IQFeed also for historical and I disable IB for historical.

Using:
    Build 921.5 of IB
    Build 4.7.2.0 of IQFeed
    Build 7.0.1000.10 64 bit NT

Hello joesandyego,
    Thanks for your note.

You are using an older version of TWS and IQFeed client.

The current supported TWS version is 927.7 Please update to the supported TWS version by downloading and installing it from the below link.

The current supported IQFeed client version is 4.7.1.3. Please update to the supported version by downloading and installing it from the below link

Once you have the supported version please confirm if you are able to get the correct data or not.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
      I installed the recommended versions of IQFeed and IB and I still get the same errors. What is strange is that I can create a new Chart for any of the instruments in my strategies it gets updated in realtime + historical. So I know that I have the subscription correct for IQFeed.

The log and trace show the same errors. I can send you the whole file(s) if you want:

Log:
      10/2/2012 4:03:11 PM|3|4|Requested market data is not subscribed.Error&CBOE/IND/Top 354
      10/2/2012 4:03:11 PM|3|4|Requested market data is not subscribed.Error&BEST/STK/Top 354
      10/2/2012 4:03:11 PM|3|4|Requested market data is not subscribed.Error&NASDAQ/IND/Top 354

Trace:

2012-10-02 16:02:19:276 ERROR: Requested market data is not subscribed.Error&RUSSELL/IND/Top 354
      2012-10-02 16:02:19:373 ERROR: Requested market data is not subscribed.Error&BEST/STK/Top 354
      2012-10-02 16:03:11:015 ERROR: Requested market data is not subscribed.Error&CBOE/IND/Top 354
      2012-10-02 16:03:11:165 ERROR: Requested market data is not subscribed.Error&BEST/STK/Top 354
      2012-10-02 16:03:11:818 ERROR: Requested market data is not subscribed.Error&NASDAQ/IND/Top 354
      Last edited by joesandyego; 10-02-2012, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Hello joesandyego,

If you disconnect from IB, do you still receive the same message?

Do you have IB set to be the backup feed for IQFeed?
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In order to answer your question I needed to create a strategy with the Sim101 account.

The answer is NO. When I disconnect from IB and run a strategy that uses IQFeed for data and SIM101 for the connection I do not get the error.

This suggests to me that NT somehow is requesting data from IB when strategies are enabled.

I do not use IB for backup.

Comment

Also. My IB account is an Advisor account. I'm not sure if that matters.

Comment

Hello joesandyego,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris S" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
              1.) A link to this forum thread.
              2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt
              Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
              Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes