Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay

Hi,

I have a question related to market replay and the use of two strategies running at the same time on the same instrument.

The problem I am finding is the trades tab (shown under the Account Performance tab) Entry name and Exit name are not in sync with the strategy, for example I would expect to see for the short stratagy 'short entry followed by Buy to cover' NOT 'short entry followed by long entry'.

How can I avoid this? I would like to be able to backtest using the market replay feature and run both strategies at the same time so I don't have to run a market replay for both seperately.

It would be great if you could add an additional Replay account, Replay102 for example. I know NinjaTrader is not able to do this at this time but perhaps you could pass this onto the development team for consideration.

Appreciate your help on this,
    suprsnipes

suprsnipes, what you talk about is known limitation of the account performance related tracking, it would not work on a per strategy / signal name basic but just FIFO. Enhancing this further is on our feedback list for consideration, your request / vote is also added in here.

The same would be true for more than one replay account - in realtime simulation you could create separate accounts for tracking (on the standard edition live license) then.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Market Replay doesn`t work, as it seems.What can be wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeEYE View Post
        Market Replay doesn`t work, as it seems.What can be wrong?
        What error (if any) are you getting here? What chart / instrument are you attempting to replay?

Comment

I didn`t get any messages.I just didn`t see the slide bar panel.It doesn`t show up,whereas the platform is connected.I tried to iplement it to NG futures,Renko and Bar types display.

Comment

Thanks, then I would suggest youbshut down NinjaTrader, then open the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Workspaces folder. Delete the file named '_Workspaces' then restart NinjaTrader and reconnect to Market Replay - you should see the replay control window appear after making this change.

Comment

Yes,thanks Bert.It`s working now

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM