Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart not updating

Hi

This follows the issue I reported in this thread (http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...775#post304775), where a strategy did not run because the chart it was applied to did not update even though live data was arriving.

Now I ask about the Chart End Date. When I observed live data arriving but the chart not updating (on Mon Oct 1), I saw that the End Date was Fri Sep 29. If it is set to the current date, it normally updates so the chart stays live day after day. Are their any conditions that cause it not to maintain the current date?

In the logs from Sep 29 through Oct 2, I see the following:
    - various disconnections to the NinjaTrader historical data server over the weekend;
    - "29-09-2012 14:24:05 | 0 | 4 |AMP Live: Disconnect enforced due to undesired CQG API state. Please contact NinjaTrader support for further instructions."

I did not contact support about the CQG disconnection because I didn't see the log message in time. In order to run the strategy I reconnected, enabled the strategy and checked live data arriving. Because the chart uses a session template and it was out of hours, I did not verify the chart was updating.

Also, note that I have my PC set to New Zealand local time and on Sunday morning (Sep 30) we changed to day light saving. Perhaps the time shift had an effect.

Please advise what I should investigate next.

Regards
    Tony

Hello,

Your log entry :

- "29-09-2012 14:24:05 | 0 | 4 |AMP Live: Disconnect enforced due to undesired CQG API state. Please contact NinjaTrader support for further instructions."

I can see this being related to the issue, can you please send your logs and trace file to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post.

you can send it in via the control center->help->mail to support.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Aviram Y  
    Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
    3 responses