Importing stock list - Google Finance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing stock list - Google Finance

I'm trying to download historical daily data for ASX stocks into ninja trader using Google Finance.

I checked the ninja trader help section and it says google finance can be used for historical daily data.

Am I doing something wrong with the codes in regards to trying to import the stocks? I've tried both 'BHP' and 'ASX:BHP' neither of which seem to work?

http://www.google.com/finance?q=ASX%...PCQCsOzkAXu2QE is a link to the stock on google I'm trying to import.

The reason I'm trying to use google finance over yahoo is that the data seems a lot more accurate, I was finding a number of errors in the yahoo data (missed days etc).

Hello kid hustlr,

Unfortunately ASX stocks are not supported in NinjaTrader with Google. Please see the forum thread at the link below.

However it is supported using the free Yahoo connection. Please see the following thread.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason.

Yahoo is fine and I have that working but there seems to be a number of issues with the data. See the screen shot of AGK below.

It looks as though Yahoo itself doesn't have data for the first 'gap'. The second 'gap' seems to be a NT problem as the data is showing fine when i view the stock on the yahoo finance website (see below).

Are their any other free EOD data providers (for ASX stocks) which are compatible with NT?
      Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately there are no other free EOD providers that support ASX stock data.

Does it make a difference if you right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'? If no additional data is loaded, it is provided this way by Yahoo.

You can double check if the chart displays the data that is loaded using the Historical Data Manager. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab. Double click an ASX stock and select Last-->Day.

You can manually correct the data in the Historical Data Manager. You can find instructions and more information at the link below.

Comment

Reloading historical data seemed to fix the second 'gap' (the chart now looks exactly the same as the link I posted to yahoo finance). It doesn't fix the first gap of missing data however although as you said this is obviously a yahoo finance issue.

Is there a way I can automatically 'reload historical data' every time I open chart, just in case I forget to do it or something?

Appreciate the fast reply's! much appreciated.

Comment

It will load the requested data when you first create a chart. If you experience gaps consistently when you first open a chart, please let me know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes