Watch List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch List

Hi Folks, a newbe here. I have started using Ninja Trader this week and I am basically in "set-up" mode. I can readily see I have a learning curve to go through before I can trade with the platform but it is light years ahead of Fidelity's & Scott Trade platforms that I am accustom to. Ninja is one cool charting program.

Currently I am not connected to a broker, I am using Kinetek (sp) live feed.

I have two questions that I could really use some help with...

1) How do you set up a watch list that you do not have to manually populate everyday? I would like to open up the platform and be able to open my list. The list needs to be able to link up with a chart.

2) If you are familiar with the Scott Trade Elite platform, there are 3 boxes on a thin banner at the bottom of the screen. They are populated with the S&P 500 index, the Nasdex, and DJIA. They display green and red back grounds depending on their current levels. I really like this display and wonder if it can be accomplished in Ninga Trader.

Thanks so much for the help, I hope that I can make future contributions to this forum.

Frank

Hello Frank,
    Welcome to the forum and I am happy to assist you.

1. You can open a Market Analyzer window to view a list of stocks. If you save the Market Analyzer window in your current Workspace then the instrument list will be retained.

You can link a Market Analyzer window with a chart. Please refer to this YouTube video which demonstrates it further.

2. Unfortunately you cannot do it natively in NinjaTrader. You can however build a NinjaScript code to do it. To develop your custom indicator/strategies you can contact any of our independent NinjaScript consultants. You can get the list of our NinjaScript consultants from here http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners#...pt-Consultants

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
    8 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes